For Sale 1988 FJ62 Portland Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my 1988 FJ62. Very clean inside and out. No rust. 277K on the truck. Engine rebuilt at 268k. Bumpers and wheels are plasi-dip black and can be resored to original chrome. Black roof is a vinyl wrap that can also be removed. Original paint on roof is in good shape with the exception of one golf ball sized oxidized area above the drivers side door. Asking
$10,000

This is why The Pacific Northwest is the best region to buy from. No salt, no sun, no temperature extremes. Look at that paint! Seems like it would be easy to bring back to original.

Who did the rebuild? Any details? New wiring harness? Injectors?

This is why The Pacific Northwest is the best region to buy from. No salt, no sun, no temperature extremes. Look at that paint! Seems like it would be easy to bring back to original.

Who did the rebuild? Any details? New wiring harness? Injectors?

Hey pmccumber,

I have a call scheduled with Toby Enterprises Japanese Motors, the shop that did the rebuild tomorrow morning to get the specifics. I have the receipt but it's a bit hard to read and I'm not mechanically inclined enough to tell from looking at the engine.

Are you interested in the truck?

Hey pmccumber,

I have a call scheduled with Toby Enterprises Japanese Motors, the shop that did the rebuild tomorrow morning to get the specifics. I have the receipt but it's a bit hard to read and I'm not mechanically inclined enough to tell from looking at the engine.

Are you interested in the truck?

I am. Top and bottom end? New radiator, oil pump, etc.? That is a great price if it's a complete competent rebuild.

Btw, is that original paint?

Paul

Last edited:
I am. Top and bottom end? New radiator, oil pump, etc.? That is a great price if it's a complete competent rebuild.

Btw, is that original paint?

Paul
I know the radiator and hoses have not been replaced. I'm sure it was not a full overhaul. But I'll let you know what I hear from them tomorrow.

pmccumber,

I just heard back from the shop that did the motor. They installed a factory reconditioned motor with new piston rings, new crank, valve seals and guide, new head, spark plugs, thermostat, water pump, and air filter. I have the receipt that shows the work.

Is that the original paint? The PNW is about the only place where a nearly 30 yo vehicle could look that good.

That sounds very promising about the motor.

What suspension does it have on it? Can't be original at 277k can it? Can you get some pics of the undercarriage?

As far as I know it is the original pain. It certainly all looks uniform and vintage. It was buffed out and detailed about 18 mo. ago. I have the receipt for that as well.

Have you dug out from the PNW snow yet... And how long have you owned it and are you aware of any of the prior history?

A few images from underneath
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom