1988 FJ62 Manual vs Electric Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want an FJ62 with an auto transmission but manual windows, door locks, and mirrors.

From what I’ve read, of the 88, 89, and 90 62’s, only the 88’s came with the option of manual vs electric windows, door locks, and mirrors. 89 and 90’s were electric only; no manual option.

Has anyone ever seen a 62 with manual windows, door locks, and mirrors? Do they exist or are they just hard to find?

I had one, till I yanked the auto. It’s tge family daily driver still. Poverty pack. All manual

only advantage...

@Super77 what is that DOM of your rig? Mine is November 87...

I bought 4 used 62 doors for my 60. I put two 62 door on the pass side and kept my 60 doors on the drivers side. I pulled the power regulators and harness out and sold them. I put my door cards and manual window regulators on the passenger side (62 doors) All was bolt in..no fabricating. I wanted to use the power locks off the 62 doors so I pulled the lock actuators and put them on my 60 doors. It was easy..all bolt in. I then ran wires to a keyless entry system under the dash and use a fob to lock and unlock. So what I'm saying is you can switch this stuff out. If you can't find a vehicle exactly to your liking just buy the truck with the best drive train that you need. Then source manual regulators (readily available new..toyota or aftermarket) get some used door cards...you'll need these for the holes the window crank goes through and so you won't have a gaping hole when you pull the power window/lock buttons off. I'd leave the power lock mechanisms in place and just get a key fob. That way you can use them manually or with the fob. but that's just my preference.

EDIT: You need the rectangular lock mechanisms (the part that latches to the striker) of a 62 as well, has the linkage to hook the actuator to.

Last edited:
keyless entry is bonus with 30+ year old lock cylinders.....

keyless entry is bonus with 30+ year old lock cylinders.....

I just hate having to walk around the truck every time I get out of my vehicle. I'm in a parking lot and pushing buttons and using the key to lock the rear hatch. Also ...fyi the 62 rear hatch lock actuator doesn't mount to the 60 hatch. The lock linkage is positioned differently evidently and there are no mounting bolt holes. So I'm still stuck having to lock and unlock this with the key until I figure out how to mount the lock actuator.

I bought 4 used 62 doors for my 60. I put two 62 door on the pass side and kept my 60 doors on the drivers side. I pulled the power regulators and harness out and sold them. I put my door cards and manual window regulators on the passenger side (62 doors) All was bolt in..no fabricating. I wanted to use the power locks off the 62 doors so I pulled the lock actuators and put them on my 60 doors. It was easy..all bolt in. I then ran wires to a keyless entry system under the dash and use a fob to lock and unlock. So what I'm saying is you can switch this stuff out. If you can't find a vehicle exactly to you liking just buy the truck with the best drive train that you need. Then source manual regulators (readily available new..toyota or aftermarket) get some used door cards...you'll need these for the holes the window crank goes through and so you won't have a gaping hole when you pull the power window/lock buttons off. I'd leave the power lock mechanisms in place and just get a key fob. That way you can use them manually or with the fob. but that's just my preference.

Thanks so much for the info! I was hoping to be able to find the manual options. However, it does make sense that if I cannot find one readily available, to look for an 89 or 90 and make the convo. Thanks again for the info.

I believe they have the same interior. 87-90

87 has all manual though. Going to be a tad bit rarer to find these parts as it is like 1 year only stuff. The 88 manual Windows/doors were probably a parts bin clean out for Toyota

I am slowly parting out an 87 is why I bring it up. Different than my 85. It has the blue/grey interior. It also has one good front seat cover.

I've got an 89 sitting in my yard that is a poverty pac, auto with manual windows.

barn find?

Last edited:
drivers door tag...

I bought 4 used 62 doors for my 60. I put two 62 door on the pass side and kept my 60 doors on the drivers side. I pulled the power regulators and harness out and sold them. I put my door cards and manual window regulators on the passenger side (62 doors) All was bolt in..no fabricating. I wanted to use the power locks off the 62 doors so I pulled the lock actuators and put them on my 60 doors. It was easy..all bolt in. I then ran wires to a keyless entry system under the dash and use a fob to lock and unlock. So what I'm saying is you can switch this stuff out. If you can't find a vehicle exactly to your liking just buy the truck with the best drive train that you need. Then source manual regulators (readily available new..toyota or aftermarket) get some used door cards...you'll need these for the holes the window crank goes through and so you won't have a gaping hole when you pull the power window/lock buttons off. I'd leave the power lock mechanisms in place and just get a key fob. That way you can use them manually or with the fob. but that's just my preference.

Just for clarity - would door lock actuators from a 62 bolt into my 60?

good question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom