1987 Land Cruiser Service Repair Manual/Literature? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks –

(Sorry if this is redundant - I searched the forum but did not find a post...)

I have Googled far and wide but cannot seem to find a detailed repair manual for a 1987 Land Cruiser. The specific information I need right now is the torque specs for the fasteners on the transfer case. However, I am hoping to get a service manual that will include schematics and specs for just about every part for the engine, power train, suspension, etc.

Toyota (Bishko) appears to have produced such literature for the 1987 Truck & 4 Runner. I can also find something along these lines for the 1988 Land Cruiser. But as far as Google is concerned there does not appear to be such a thing for the 1987 Cruiser.

I already have the Chilton Manual which is not nearly detailed enough for my purposes. I presume the Haynes Manual is about the same (though I have not actually inspected one).

Ideally, I want whatever book(s) a Toyota service technician would use if they worked on this rig back in the 1990s. Amazon has this rather obscure listing that might be what I am after (?). I also see a A440F Transmission Service Repair Manual which would probably solve my immediate issue however my rig is a manual transmission... and the title stipulates automatic transmission (does anyone know whether the title there is just misleading and it indeed includes manual?).

Any help in locating the correct manual(s) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
kevin

Look at the top of the page and you will see a tab call “resources”. Navigate there and you will find some if not all of the manuals you are looking for. The 1984 to 1990 Chassis and Body manual will have torque specs for the the transfer case.

There will be a separate manual for the engine. In the 60 series world wide Toyota offered different engines and these are separate manuals. Also there is a separate manual for the 2F engine emissions because of the USA version. But you will find the 2F engine and emissions manual here too.

If you want paper copies probably the easiest route is to order the reproductions from Spector off road. I don’t think Toyota sells these paper manuals any more.

Edit: if on a cell phone open the top menu to the left of the IH8MUD.com logo and scroll down to resources

Last edited:
Look at the top of the page and you will see a tab call “resources”

Oh my goodness I am an idiot - I did not see that resources tab.

Thanks for your patient/kind response to my stupidity. Geesh.

Exactly what I am after, many thanks.

I have an 87 too. Here are the manuals I have downloaded. (so you know what to look for and in what order.) 1st find the ....84 to 90 chassis and body FSM (factory service manual) , next find the 1980 2F motor FSM, next 1981 2f Emissions control, 86 Maintenance, 1985 Chassis and body supplimental, 1983 Electrical...although the 84-90 chassis and body has electrical schematics at the back of the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom