Builds 1985 4Runner - "Nala" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have made progress. Although slow progress. The hood closes, exhaust is welded up, most of the wiring is done, and it runs. I will get some pictures up when I can.

Ain't enough like buttons for this news.

It's been slow coming, but I have to make a living, keep the fj55 going, fix the other daughters Previa, and keep the wife's hybrid highlander healthy also. But it was good to hear it come to life!

It's been slow coming, ... But it was good to hear it come to life!

I know the feeling, like the first time my 2FE came alive.

Love the build man! Did you get rid of that rebuilt 22RE already?

The Toyota e-locker uses a position switch on the differential for the 4wd computer to know when the locker has engaged. Since I didn't use the 4wd ecu that position switch was not used either. So I wired it to an empty slot in the factory gauge cluster. Just follow the circuit on the circuit board and plug in the wire. I have a label maker that I used to make the "rear locker" for the light that matches the factory letters fairly closely. Over all pretty easy to do.

Were you able to get all that nasty paint off? Would love to see that tan make a comeback!

IMG_20180714_083242.jpg

So happy to see it back to life man! What an awesome build and story you got going on here.

Also what did you use to get all that horrible rattle can s*** off?

The rear e-locker pinion bearings we're becoming noisy, so I replaced them. I have finally wired the seat heaters and cleaned up the wiring under the dash. The power door locks work with the alarm. I have been driving it lately to make sure all is good before I give it back to my daughter. This thing is a rocket!

Nice job. yeah, the 3.4 provides a lot of power in the older trucks. I like the color, my first 85 4Runner was the same tan color. My only critique would be the headlights, IMO, they really clash with the classic 80s styling.

That is true. I can stand it on this one but could never run l.e.d. headlights on my land cruiser. I would have to draw the line there.

Thank goodness someone is drawing that line...nothing irks me more than LED's on a vintage truck/car.

Thank goodness someone is drawing that line...nothing irks me more than LED's on a vintage truck/car.

As said earlier in this thread... Not enough “like” buttons in the world for this statement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom