For Sale 1984 FJ60 1 Ton, Stroked EFI V8 Rust-Free in NY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is this seriously built 1984 FJ60 with a monstrous V8 and drivetrain. I'm not the original builder, but the build thread is listed below.

Summary
Overall Rust-Free and clean.
Located in Bradenton, FL (south of Tampa).
Mileage ~191,000
My understanding is it passed smog in NV.
Estimated value $35k based on parts and labor, asking $14,000 OBO
Build thread: FJ60 1-ton Superduty build

Details below are from original builder. NOTE: The truck now has a Winters shifter, chassis has been undercoated, cooling and fuel lines have been updated. Has decent highway manners at 80mph+, some play in the steering but didn't bother me. Overall a fun rig to drive, and very capable.

Details from original builder
"Suspension:

Spring over with full width 1-ton axles from an 02’ Superduty:

• Front ball joint Dana 60 with 4:11’s and an ARB locker. This axle has the BIG brakes, and the good seals and heavy tubes.
• Rear Sterling with 4.11’s and a Detroit, Disc brakes and built-in parking brake (not yet connected). Heavy duty Great lakes cover.
• Very reinforced stock spring packs (rides very good and stable)
• Front Rancho 9000’s and rear long travel Bilstein’s with out-boarded hoops.
• Rear anti-wrap bar.
• Non ABS Master Cylinder and booster from late model 1-ton superduty. This thing stops 10x better than any cruiser I’ve driven.
• 5 recentered 8-bolt hummer double beadlock wheels with the biasply 36 x 12.5 x 16.5 goodyear military tires. These use the pressed USA6x6 centers, which are stronger than the flat plate type. They also have the Greatlakes mud locks welded on.

Drivetrain:

• 350+hp, 480+ftlb 385 EFI stroker
o Mid 70’s high nickel block, stress relieved. .040 over
o EQ torker heads, flow better than vortec’s but accept pre-85 parts
o Scat 6.0 cast crank and rods
o Kiethblack hypereutectic pistons with 9.6:1 compression
o Comp cam K12-239 .480 lift with 270 dur. (Idles very well)
o Billet roller rockers
o Edelbrock performer intake
o Serpentine accessories
o 750 cfm bored throttle body, stainless braided fuel lines.
o Custom EBL, laptop tunable with live logging, high speed ECM.
o Innovative Wideband o2 system
o Ceramic block hugger headers with custom 3” mandrel bent exhaust, very nice and mellow stainless magnaflow muffler and a universal magnaflow cat.
o York onboard air system completely plumbed to truck with serpentine pulley and small air tank.
o Large Howe aluminum radiator
o Air conditioning was functioning well until the compressor went. I was planning on replacing it and adding R134 instead of R-12
o Edelbrock polished aluminum tall valve covers and open element.

• Re-BUILT 1992 700R4 Corvette servo, beast sunshell, upgraded pump, heavy duty torque converter, Howel stand alone lock up or can be controlled by the EBL ecm (not connected yet).

• Ford Np203 gear reduction box, bolted to a passenger drop ford 32 spline Np205 via Northwest Fab,clockable adapter. Custom triple stick shifters (Front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and 4 wheel drive)

• Highangle drivelines 1-ton 1350 C/V shafts front and rear with a flanged 1410 u-joint in the rear and a 1310 at the front axle. These shafts are VERY heavy duty and weigh 2-3X more than Toyota stuff.

Interior:
Tan interior. Front seats are black vinyl, sliding and reclining racing seats from Summit racing. These are very comfortable. Rear seat is out of an fj62 with headrests, all stock carpet is in good condition as is the head liner. The interior on this rig is an 8 out of 10. The driver rear interior door panel needs replacing or recovering.

Exterior:

• Completely disassembled in 2004 and repainted with Dupont primer and Valspar industrial paint. Removed front windshield and fixed small pencil lead size rust pits and replaced windshield. Fixed dime sized rust spot at rear fender well. The front fenders need to be trimmed as there are some dents from the added travel and width and a small tree. The body is probably a 7 out of 10 and has ZERO rust. There are some brush scratches and door dings
• Trimmed and capped rockers (looks very neat)
• Custom sliders welded to frame and under front and rear rockers.
• Front ARB bull bar with the newer Warn 8274 with the 4hp motor. I have added new 5/8” extraction points to the front of the bumper that can accommodate shackles.
• Rear swing out tire carrier with dual pivot points (Iron Pig off-road) and space for 3 Nato or Wedco jerry cans. It also has a tow hitch with wiring for lights.
• FJ62 mirrors, the drivers side is broken due to a rock on a gravel road.

The chassis has about 192k miles, but there is not much else that is stock...
The engine swap was certified by the Clark county smog board ~2010 when it was a stock TBI but it just recently (~2014) passed smog (tail pipe and visual) with all of the new mods. Clark County stopped letting us know how well we smogged so I have no idea what the emissions are, only that it passed. I’m positive this will not pass the smog referee’s in California since the casting number on the block is from a mid 70’s engine even though they are nearly identical to late model 5.7 blocks."
- MUD member:Sixty

DSC01625.JPG
DSC01631.JPG
DSC01639.JPG
DSC01640.JPG
DSC01657.JPG

Last edited:
I am interested. Give me a call today after 430. My name is John and i live in PA near
Harrisburg,Pa so we are sort of close. Here is my cell # 717-612-0619.

Dean Send me some recent pics of this beast please. I sent you a text with my email or just send them to
my phone. Thanks John

That thing is beautiful, I would love to buy it and may if my Chevy sells in time. Incidentally, any interest in a straight trade?
For Sale: - 1986 Chevy K30 4x4 pickup

I've since replaced and upgraded tie rod and tie rod ends with offroad design parts as well as rebuilt the knuckles and installed a brake controller, truck towed my 4runner from El Paso to GA with no issues. Also it has 4 brand new 35" Cooper MTPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom