1984 2FE FJ60 HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2FE converted FJ60. I have been having the hesitation/stutter/and fuel starvation from hell... the truck will run pretty good until about 10-20 minutes of driving. That’s when the hesitation/lack of throttle response/bogging/fuel starvation starts happening most frequently.

Original 2F block with 3FE parts from an 88. It still has functioning smog Equip. Summit Racing fuel pump SUM G3138. I am consistently getting 35-40 PSI whether hot or cold. Fuel filters have been replaced. Truck has been run without a gas cap to see if vapor lock could be happening. The fuel pressure regulator has been replaced. EGR valve has been cleaned. Vacuum lines were sprayed with brakleen and no fluctuations have been heard or found. O2 sensors were checked and found to be functional. Spark plug wire were checked. Distributor was checked and was tight. I have checked as many grounds as I can possibly find, all seems to be clean and tight.
I am completely at a loss at where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.
Logan

0C9A47CF-D15F-41DD-B0C6-81CCE0A4BE82.jpeg

How is the pump wired?

Maybe a current draw test on the pumps while driving

Any trouble codes?

Have you been able to get a fuel pressure reading *while* it's acting up? Toyota spec for regulated pressure is 37-46psi, so your certainly on the low end (presumably with a light draw on the pump).

Does it act up with steady throttle input, or only when the throttle position is changed?

Any trouble codes?

Have you been able to get a fuel pressure reading *while* it's acting up? Toyota spec for regulated pressure is 37-46psi, so your certainly on the low end (presumably with a light draw on the pump).

Does it act up with steady throttle input, or only when the throttle position is changed?

No trouble codes as of yet.

You have a good trick to get a reading of a fuel pressure while driving?

It mainly acts up when I try to accelerate, so when the throttle position is changed.

What would be the best way to test this while driving?

You will either need a multimeter with an inductive style clamp you can put on the power wire or you will have to wire the meter inline with the supply power. So on typing this its not likely that either of these will be easy for you. I'd start by wiring up a volt meter to measure the voltage across the pump that you can read while driving. This way you can look at the pump voltage drop directly when the problem starts. At the same time if you have a fuel pressure gage hooked up you can monitor the fuel pressure and how it corresponds with the voltage drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom