SOLD 1982 FJ43 Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Outside Link
https://www.worldwidevintageautos.com/vehicles/1912/1982-toyota-fj43
Hi All - I've been a lurker for awhile and am finally ready to pull the trigger on my first rig. I am looking at an FJ43 for the extended wheelbase to give a little more room for the kids and came across this one:

It's been for sale from them before but I called and confirmed it is there. I prefer the hard top to the soft top so this fits the bill as well. I wanted to see what you all thought before I dug any deeper. It's going to be a weekend vehicle and hunting/fishing rig so doesn't need to be perfect. No paperwork on it, I asked so that is always a huge question mark. Anyone who has worked with WWVA before let me know. Appreciate the knowledge of the community and hope to join the owners club soon!

It's a typical Colombian import. Has a little "Mexican Taxi " going on. After market MPR fiberglass hardtop, Non stock wheels. New style Toyota emblem on hood that does not belong there. Crazy flares, non stock headrests, looks like there's a sunroof and a luggage rack. Hot rod pedals. chrome bling here and there. Rear emblems not quite in the correct location, old lock set hole in the pocket door. Looks like she's missing the rubber bumpers on the hood towers. Anything is a deal at the right price. $30K is strong for this truck IMHO with the 272K km's

It's a typical Colombian import. Has a little "Mexican Taxi " going on. After market MPR fiberglass hardtop, Non stock wheels. New style Toyota emblem on hood that does not belong there. Crazy flares, non stock headrests, looks like there's a sunroof and a luggage rack. Hot rod pedals. chrome bling here and there. Rear emblems not quite in the correct location, old lock set hole in the pocket door. Looks like she's missing the rubber bumpers on the hood towers. Anything is a deal at the right price. $30K is strong for this truck IMHO with the 272K km's
Thanks Overton! I noticed a lot of those things also and most are more cosmetic and easy fixes at some point. Def a lot of kms on the engine which is a concern as there is no history on how it was taken care of. These SA cars seem to be a total throw of the dice as they could be hiding a lot of things with bondo and filler. Looks to be a few cracks in the drip rails too but the pictures don't make it look horrible. I went down the rabbit hole of Google and found some pretty negative reviews of the dealership so that is also a concern. Trying to figure out if it is still worth pursuing since I am not local to Denver so can't put my own eyes on it. Appreciate the feedback!

Dean,

Whitey is being a gentleman, so I'll say it: Once a liar, always a liar. Don't buy anything without first setting your own eyes on it and evaluating the used car salesmen pushing you to buy it. They make a living out of "stretching" the "truth," repeatedly.

You have two very experienced long-time members here, both gentlemen with nothing to gain from their opinions, kindly warning you away, followed by online reviews that say the same. Yes, it is throwing the dice, and one of them is loaded ! Look elsewhere.

Thanks Bear - agree with your statement and that’s what makes this forum so great! I’ll pass on this one and keep looking. Might not be worth it to stick with the 43 but instead go the “normal” 40 route to open up more options!

Thanks Bear - agree with your statement and that’s what makes this forum so great! I’ll pass on this one and keep looking. Might not be worth it to stick with the 43 but instead go the “normal” 40 route to open up more options!

Dont give up on the 43, there are a few US specs for sale, little more patience and you will find one.

Dean, why dont you post an ad in the wanted section and ask the members for a US spec 43. People who have the 43s might reach out to you. Best of luck

Thanks Edmond, I'll check out his listing and keep on searching. I prefer the hardtop for weather here in Idaho but his is a beauty!

I’ll sell you our 83 bj46! For less thanks than half of the worldwide price! But it is a soft top model also. We could meet in Jackson Hole for the trade out.

9D6916B6-B9FD-44F9-BE2D-C97327CCCB47.jpeg

I actually sold them a used ARB 40 series bumper once!

If you like the 43’s like I do, and I’m glad I bought one, for the one reason you mentioned, more room and space for loading, and because they a very cool rig! I bought a hard top and they are a little more difficult to find than the soft top.
You should try to stay in the MUD network. These are two reputable folks selling 43’s. @aljollano and @TWatson .

Good luck with your search

devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom