SOLD 1982 FJ40 Factory PS, USA model Jacksonville,FL (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1982-fj40/7678128784.html
Time has come to sell my USA FJ40. I purchased it in 2010 from the original purchasers family, It's a FL truck, originally sold in Tallahassee FL.
I've used it as a starbucks/garage queen, with trips to the Carolina Relic Run multiple times. Front floors professionally replaced about 8 yrs ago. Multiple parts have been powder coated including skid plates (including the gas tank plate and straps, braces, brackets, splash guards, etc. Cylinder head rebuilt about 5 yrs ago, runs great. It has the original JimTLC rebuilt carb on it (about 4 yrs ago). When I purchased it the elderly original owner had declined in health and the truck needed some mechanical TLC. New clutch assembly and related components, rebuilt front end w brake components, bearings, seals, tie rods, etc. Rebuilt rear axle w seals, bearings, brake cylinders, etc. Basically the truck was made road ready.. It sports OME front and rear springs and shocks.. I had the front seat 'bottoms' recovered due to poor condition, but the original seat backs are still on the truck and are in great shape. Everything works including the seat belt buzzer and the cooling fan.
82 FJ40 1.jpg
82 FJ40 10.jpg
82 FJ40 11.jpg
82 FJ40 12.jpg
82 FJ40 15.jpg
1982 toyota land cruiser fj40 for sale by owner - Jacksonville, FL - craigslist - https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/jacksonville-1982-fj40/7678128784.html

I've received two questions about a repaint... It was, by choice, only partially repainted approx 12-13 years ago... The front fenders, cowl, dash and windshield are all original factory paint.. I had decided to replace the hood which had rust at the front lip, and opposed to patching I sourced one out of Oregon (12-13 yrs ago).. When deciding about painting, I decided to further source rust free side panels and rear doors from TX, and the front doors had patch panels (bottom) welded in at the time of repaint.. They weren't terrible, but I was on a rust free mission .. There have been no issues w any of the work done.. I thought leaving the original components intact would give any future buyer an idea of what the rest of the truck looked like... The two real issues were the hood and floors IMHO.. The rest of it was a chase to perfection until I caught myself... hence the fenders, etc being left original..

I've focused on the mechanicals and driveability... Runs drives great and straight... It's just time ..

The roof is good, but has no headliner. FYI

I mentioned in the CL ad I replaced the front seat cover bottoms only, and left the original OEM 'backs' intact because they look cool.. FYI I do have the matching 'new' seat backs that go with the truck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom