craigslist 1977 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser - $33,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
notmine

1977 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

I've rebuilt ever mechanical part on this FJ40 about 5000 miles ago. I did so much work on this and just hardly every use it... which is why i'm selling it. Its reliable as a Toyota. Starts, runs and drives down the highway at 65 all day long. I went through the entire thing to make it safe and reliable.

I'm don't have to sell this so please don't make silly offers. The only thing I would consider in trade would be a surf boat or partial trade for one.

I'd be happy to talk with you about it if you're interested as there is way too much to put into writing.

Body: 8/10
Mechanical: 9.99/10

Rebuilt original 2F motor by Douglas Auto Machine in Gardnerville
Rebuilt FJ60 ignition system, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, etc
Rebuilt transmission
Rebuilt transfercase
Rebuilt axles, front and rear
Rebuilt carburetor by Marks Offroad
Rebuild differentials, front and rear
Brand new brakes front and rear
Rebuilt entire heating system
Brand new radiator
Fresh steering linkage and joints
Added electronic power steering
Old Man Emu suspension lift
Fresh 35" BFG KO2s
LED head lights
Restored dash and odometer
Retro Sounds Bluetooth stereo with 4 speakers
It will come with a Warn 8274 winch that needs to be rebuilt
Mark's Offroad Trailer hitch
OEM floor mat
Fresh OEM weather stripping all around.
Used OEM parts where ever possible.
Brand new oem turn signal switch
Brand new oem brake light pressure switch
brand new fuel capacity sending unit
Brand new alternator, water pump, fuel pump
Restored OEM heating unit

Body damage shown: few white marks on driver side rear section and front passenger fender has small amount of damage.

Mechanical: slight drip from idler gear in Transfercase. I add a small amount of gear oil every oil change and when I grease the suspsension.

Comes with a bunch of extra parts if you want them.

00i0i_kWYulOpHIYR_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

01414_i2tLEnPzgAG_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_72T9boFJ3yx_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_c8Jm4kfgKDQ_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00101_jSdNF8kx5iR_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

In the engine bay photo there is a fan unit in the right front corner.
For my education, can someone explain the purpose? It appears to be pointing directly at the air intake. I don't believe I've seen one before. TIA

In the engine bay photo there is a fan unit in the right front corner.
For my education, can someone explain the purpose? It appears to be pointing directly at the air intake. I don't believe I've seen one before. TIA

Carb fan; runs on a timer for about 10-15 minutes after engine shut-off to help cool off heat soak into the carb, thus reducing the chance of vapor lock upon re-starting.

That one doesn't look stock though.

Carb fan; runs on a timer for about 10-15 minutes after engine shut-off to help cool off heat soak into the carb, thus reducing the chance of vapor lock upon re-starting.

Thanks!

I thought it was for keeping the gnats off your face while your adjusting the fetzer valve.

noob for real!

ha!
Which is why I asked the question. On this 40 it is the first time I’ve seen an exposed fan. All the other 40’s I’ve seen the fan is not exposed and must be covered in a shroud that is mounted to the front by the radiator. Apparently, you are the all knowing 40 expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom