For Sale 1976 FJ40 **Atlanta, GA** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5498.JPG

1976 FJ40

It's time to pass the 40 on to the next owner, hopefully a Mud member who will use it more often and has more room than I do! I have 4 kids, two other hobby cars, a two car garage, and something has to go. I've had a ton of fun with this truck.

I bought it off of CL in Suwannee, GA in November of 2014. I have no history on the truck prior other than it came from Arkansas at some point. It appears to be a southern truck based on the condition. It ran well enough to make it home, but it was tired and in need of some attention. So I went to work...

Exterior:
In my search for a 40 I was mainly concerned about the frame and body rust/rot. The remarkable thing about this truck is its originality and body/frame condition. The original paint buffed out nicely and the frame is 100% solid. There is no rust or rot needing any attention. It has its share of bumps and bruises and while I hate to use the overused word "patina" it fits this truck well.

I replaced all hardware on the outside: screws, bolts, hood latches, windshield latches, door hinge pins, etc. I placed stainless steel finish screws in any place where holders or brackets were once installed. It looks to have had a roof rack, jerry can holder, and flares installed at some point in its life. I painted the rear bumpers, found a replacement tire carrier (sanded/painted) and installed an HFS bumper up front. It has a new bezel (installed correctly!) and TEQ badge up front as well. I rebuilt and repainted the license plate frame/holder too. I also have a small box of other misc parts.

The wheels are new OEM steelies, powder coated a gunmetal gray with OEM caps on new 33" BFG KM2's (the spare is an original FJ40 wheel, it sat on FJ60 wagon wheels when I purchased it). It also sits on a brand new 2.5" OME lift.

I have the windshield rail, bimini top, and footman loop brackets installed for summer months. I have a black powder coated tailgate with screw holes and rubber grommets for the license plate bracket.

Interior:
I rebuilt and reupholstered the rear jump seats and installed lap belts. The jump seat frame were powder coated and have recreation factory stickers.

All gauges, lights, etc. work as they should.

The headliner is new and I replaced the side/dome light. It also has a new Tuffy console with drink holders, shift knob, t-case boot. I have new OEM visors, not installed.

The lower portion of the radio slot was cut out at some point and I have not fixed (I assume for a larger CB unit at some point). The heater is not currently working.

There is a new set of vinyl mats up front and on the rear floor.

Mechanical:
I sent the truck to ACC Toyota in Atlanta and had them install the lift. While there I asked them to get the truck running as perfectly as possible and make it 100% safe sparing no expense. This included all new belts, hoses, brackets, new electronic ignition, brakes, stainless steel exhaust, etc. If you know ACC, you know this truck was done right.

I haven't used it much off road, but I've exercised the hubs and 4WD regularly.

It runs like a Swiss watch and even in the cold warms right up. It shifts smooth and the clutch is tight and responsive.
________

This truck would be perfect to continue to use as is or be a perfect starting point for a body off restoration for someone with more time and talent than I. Hoping to see this truck go to a good home/Mud member.

$21,000

Please message me via ih8mud

Chris

^^^^ what he said. I sold my 78 and then felt kinda weird coming home without a 40 in the garage.
So ended up buying another 78 five mos. later and had to start all over again.

Nice rig tho and a great price! The are definetly getting hard to find in original condition.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been fun giving this truck the attention it deserved. Glad I'll be passing it on better than I found it. And I'm sure there's another 40 in my future...

I've had several folks very interested and it looks as though the truck will be sold by this weekend. I'll keep this thread updated so everyone who may be interested is aware.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Chris

Greetings, new to forum.

I believe that I sent you a pm with interest in this vehicle. If available, I'm not a tire kicker. Can you hit me back. If sold, best wishes to you and the buyer.

Thanks!

can you please give me a call, 678-873-0373. i am in walton county ga. thanks

whats up with all the pics... that are in my post?

This might have been the best deal I've seen here in a long while. Shouldn't have slept on this one...

Yah, Sleeper's Remorse.

I'm sure there's another one lurking out there... The "hunt" is half the fun!

I'm an enthusiast and a realist. I sell cars for what I'd pay for them. I try to be as honest and transparent as I can. It usually ends with a happy buyer and seller. And great communities like Mud make it that much easier.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom