For Sale 1975 gas tank cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSC_0040.JPG

Thanks for the info. However, I placed the order last night for the tank cover sold by the other member.

I'm interested in a pre '79 fuel tank shield! I don't know how to post or what "PM" or "BUMP" or any of that means? My cell is four, zero, six, four, three, one, four, five, eight, five -Gene. You're welcome to text or call me. Shipping would be to 59601 Montana. If possible please send pic of part being shipped. Not picky on color just integrity of part. I am very interested though. My daily driver is a 1966 fj40 and I want to update her with newer fj40 goodies. Thanks so much! All the best, -Gene M

I'm interested in a pre '79 fuel tank shield! I don't know how to post or what "PM" or "BUMP" or any of that means? My cell is four, zero, six, four, three, one, four, five, eight, five -Gene. You're welcome to text or call me. Shipping would be to 59601 Montana. If possible please send pic of part being shipped. Not picky on color just integrity of part. I am very interested though. My daily driver is a 1966 fj40 and I want to update her with newer fj40 goodies. Thanks so much! All the best, -Gene M

Gene, have we talked about parts? I've got some in the Helena Valley if interested.
Paul

PM is a private message, in your inbox.

bump is usually used and said when the original poster wants to bring his thread back to the top of the page

You should be aware that in 73 the tank got smaller and 74 was the first year the tank cover was used. This will not fit a 66 gas tank without doing some mods to widen the cover. A 73-78 gas tank can be made to fit and use a cover but would loose a couple of gallons of capacity.

You should be aware that in 73 the tank got smaller and 74 was the first year the tank cover was used. This will not fit a 66 gas tank without doing some mods to widen the cover. A 73-78 gas tank can be made to fit and use a cover but would loose a couple of gallons of capacity.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that but my gas tank is leaking anyway and that would be part of the upgrade in the near future. Thanks for looking out! All the best!

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that but my gas tank is leaking anyway and that would be part of the upgrade in the near future. Thanks for looking out! All the best!

I bought one of these covers a long time ago with the intent of using it in my 68. My 68 tank is not leaky. Kept it just in case I ever get my 73 on the road. It will fit that tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom