1975 Fj40 ignition wiring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! Had a quick question about the ignition wiring on my 1975 Fj40. This is part of the steering column wire harness that was removed about two years ago, so I’m a little hazy about it. This has to do with the connector that plugs into the back of the metal ignition/or lock cylinder. I think I remember unplugging the harness in the photo below and a little rubber bushing/grommet/o-ring falling out. Or maybe I just found it below where the plug was disconnected. But I thought it might be important, so I tied the black rubber ring off to the harness with the electrical tape end. Now two years later and I don’t remember what it was for.
IMG_1055.jpeg
IMG_1056.jpeg

Does anyone know if this little black rubber ring goes inside the metal cylinder between the large round black ignition plug. There seems to be a little place in the cylinder for something to be in there (red arrow). But I just can’t remember if it came from there and certainly did not want to put it in there if it doesn’t belong.
I’m sorry if I’m calling things the incorrect names, but hopefully this question is making sense to someone out there. Thanks for any feed back!!

I've taken the ignition switch out of my '74 a couple times for various issues before and never noticed anything like that on it.

Could've just been missing from before I owned it, but if so I'm sure it'll work with out it.

I've taken the ignition switch out of my '74 a couple times for various issues before and never noticed anything like that on it.

Could've just been missing from before I owned it, but if so I'm sure it'll work with out it.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think it could have just been on the floorboards when I disconnected the plug and I might have mistakenly thought it fell out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom