SOLD 1973 FJ40 in Bellflower, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.png
For sale: 1973 FJ40 - Restored to it's original glory, true head turner, with modern amenities. Awarded first prize in 2015 JCCS SUV class in Long Beach, CA. Only driven to car shows, garaged rest of the year.
Moving out of Bellflower sale: $60k or best offer. Cash and carry only.
Engine: Original "F" inline 6 with 75K miles. Complete Overhauled performed. Weber 32/36.
Transmission: 3 speed rebuilt
Transfer case: rebuilt
Fuel system: Replaced all lines, filter, and new poly tank.
Cooling system: restored radiator, new hoses, reservoir.
Braking system: Restored brake booster, replaced master cylinder, front disk brakes, emergency brake, rear drums.
Power steering kit: Restored pump.
Electrical: patched to original specs.
Tires: 33"
Body: Rust free body-off restoration. Each panel was restored and individually painted original rustic green color. New mounts and stainless steel carriage bolts added. Black protective undercoat added to frame and undercarriage. Body panel bolts were replaced with stainless steel bolts. Fiberglass roof repaired and painted Toyota white 012.
Doors: New weather seals, regulators restored, latching restored, handles re-chromed.
Roll cage and seat hardware painted gun metal grey.
Front seats repaired and reupholstered to original with head rests.
Modern 3 point seat belts added.
All dashboard controls and knobs restored.
Comes with restored tire carrier(not yet installed), and rear fold down seat frames( need to be reupholstered)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you were to explain to prospective buyers the level of workmanship that separates your "restoration" from others, what would you tell them?

In other words, what makes yours worth $60K vs. similarly restored FJ40s listed in the $25K to $35K range?

I'll deliver pictures soon to show how the vehicle looked before and during the restoration process.
The price is set at $60k OBO. I've seen vehicles with less auctioned for more, at least in my neck of the woods.

True, what gives anything value is what people are willing to pay plus supply and demand. In other markets, outside of Cali, I believe you are right, the supply would be higher and the price will be less. With Cali's strict emissions, buying a restoration project older than 75 is sought after. There are few here that I've seen in this caliber.

60k with no tire carrier and with a FJ40 dash logo???? heater not hooked up? no defroster hoses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom