For Sale 1973 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, long time member of T4R.org with an extraordinarily clean restored FJ-40 to sell to a good home.

An A/C and doors have been added since these pictures were taken, and I will add to this thread with more detail as I find time.

I have attached some pictures, but will be getting some better quality ones within the next week or two with the doors on and the A/C in.

This is the first place I have listed it for sale, and looking to get around $50K but open to offers. It will be sold on BringATrailer.com if I can't find a good home for it.

• Less than 500 miles on recent frame-off restoration
  • Modern upgrades such as 2F engine, H55 5-speed transmission, electric ignition, power steering and Wilwood disc brakes
  • 4" suspension lift
  • New 33" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires
  • Dual fuel tanks for extended range
  • OEM reproduction factory soft top
  • Receipts and documents included

Here's a video of it running:

2.PNG

3.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
My wife asked me the other day: “If you hadn’t found your ‘82, what would be your dream Land Cruiser?”........

Think I just found my answer! :D

Look forward to more pictures......

Very nice OEM reproduction factory soft top. Where did you get it ?
Thanks,
Ernie

In the shop getting a tune up to be ready for a new owner. Would be a good chance to inspect or get up to date pictures of guts if anyone is interested. Have a good week!

Not to throw a turd in the punchbowl but Land Cruisers in general have NOT been getting much love on BaT recently. This is likely due to the bazillions of imported Land Cruisers from all corners of the globe that have come across the border and landed in our ports over the last 5 to 7 years. There's a huge glut of Land Cruisers that apparently far exceeds the demand. Most of the nice trucks on BaT have ended "Reserve Not Met". US trucks fair better than imports but a low tide lowers all ships.

Imported FJ43's like this 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ43 Soft-Top used to bring $40 to $50K. Now struggling to make $30K. Every gray dot below represents a truck that did NOT meet reserve - Was running about 30% but in the past month or so it's more like 50% that don't make it. You may be better off to just put it on eBay with a "Buy It Now" which is about $50 vs. $99.

Nice truck!
Good luck,
G

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 4.10.17 PM.png

Not to throw a turd in the punchbowl but Land Cruisers in general have NOT been getting much love on BaT recently. This is likely due to the bazillions of imported Land Cruisers from all corners of the globe that have come across the border and landed in our ports over the last 5 to 7 years. There's a huge glut of Land Cruisers that apparently far exceeds the demand. Most of the nice trucks on BaT have ended "Reserve Not Met". US trucks fair better than imports but a low tide lowers all ships.

Imported FJ43's like this 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ43 Soft-Top used to bring $40 to $50K. Now struggling to make $30K. Every gray dot below represents a truck that did NOT meet reserve - Was running about 30% but in the past month or so it's more like 50% that don't make it. You may be better off to just put it on eBay with a "Buy It Now" which is about $50 vs. $99.

Nice truck!
Good luck,
G

View attachment 1821058

No worries at all haha, I have noticed that on BaT, as well, and appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I actually got in touch with them, and they wanted to list it at $35k reserve, which was $10k below my absolute bottom line. We didn't see eye to eye and considering they had no skin in the game, I've been left with a bad impression. Won't be using them to sell any of my vehicles in the future.

For some reason they're still doing well at the major car auctions, however. And I am aware it will take a very niche buyer to purchase a 40 year old Land Cruiser, let alone one that's had thousands of dollars invested in it. If I can't find that buyer I'll run it through a major auction house or allow a local enthusiast to get the deal of a lifetime. Thanks and hope you have a good day!

What it shows is that MORE Land Cruisers are being listed since 2017. Not necessarily more interest in them however.

I believe there is a magical ranch or maybe a mine somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere - the lost city of J? - that literally sh*ts “original” 40 series of every variant weekly. Not sure they got word the bubble popped up here :doh:

I know the state of FL isn’t hurting from all that import/tax/title capital.

Irregardlessly, that is a sweet lookin 40. Love the color and the swing out bumper. In line with the @BaT, insult-open-faced sandwich, GLWS-A!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom