For Sale 1967 FST FJ40 327 v8 sm420 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all,

Well the time has come for me to sell this beauty too soon if you ask me. I don't have the time to get the use out of it I thought I would and won't for the foreseeable future. This was a great introduction to this community and family of cruisers, I know I'll be back at some point for another go.

Hopefully it will go to someone with more time to enjoy it and work on it. I absolutely love the truck, it is a blast to drive and gets thumbs up wherever it goes!

See signature, plus recent additional work:
- signal lights fixed
- new replacement fuel tank, filters, lines
- new radiator, cooling system flush

Needs
- e-brake extension (been using 1st gear)
- odometer/speedometer clean / fix
- fuel sending unit (new tank, old gauge)
- love and attention

Additional
- fst/bows
- long style rear seats
- the original gas tank
- unhooked up Aux tank

Check second post for pics with full album here FJ40
I'll update with more pictures as desired.
Any input appreciated.

$10000

Last edited:
IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

More:
FJ40

Last edited:
more pictures please!

Your sig mentions "distinct smell" ...is this burrito related or other? and would it come out by possibly changing the seat cushion?

Haha, no just a metallic smell. More of a joke comment. From the several I've driven in they all have their own smell to them.

Last edited:
Update to add a Flickr album FJ40

any pictures of the rust areas and body damage? thanks

Sure I will update when I can get some more shots

The rust is not bad, only a couple small areas in the tub, but frame is all surface and most everywhere else. You can get a good look of the rust from the last photo in that flickr album. That rear sill is the worst area, and then at the farthest upper part of the wheel covers.

Only damage is the rear window hatch door as unfortunately the original owner backed into something at his late age!

Someting I didn't mention that is neat. This is essentially a one owner. For most of its life it lived near Lake Tahoe with its original owner, pat @landcruisnman only had it a few months before me and I've only had it less than a year, without adding many miles. Most of its life since the original owner has been bringing it back to its former glory! Pretty cool.

It runs really well now, idles, temps are stable. Very fun.

Last edited:
Beautiful 40, love that color and especially the patina. Not trying to nitpick here but its not an FST as the title says. I sure hope nobody paints it. Hopefully someone will just put a 2F and 4speed in it, thats all it needs.

Beautiful 40, love that color and especially the patina. Not trying to nitpick here but its not an FST as the title says. I sure hope nobody paints it. Hopefully someone will just put a 2F and 4speed in it, thats all it needs.

i also don't see much to think it is a FST

Yeah it was originally put up as FST when I purchased it and remember a similar discussion. The vader light is installed next to the glove compartment so as I remember that meant the ST was factory installed/added as an option.

agreed on the patina! It's what drew me to the truck absolutely hope it stays this way as long as possible.

Last edited:
still for sale?

Haven't been around much lately! The truck is still for sale, few inquiries but no takers yet. Going to post to craigslist within next couple days.

Fired er up last weekend and was running well. Fun to see how easy it starts up and idles compared to when I purchased!

Messaged you @bugsnbikes , I'd like to sell soft top together with truck for now. Think it'd be a shame to separate them. Will update if anything changes.

Located in La Crescenta California.

Can't seem to edit the first post... Truck has been sold to good home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom