For Sale 1964 fj45LV SantaFe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw another one listed that looks like a better buy. $6,500.00

1964 Toyota FJ45LV Landcruiser

1964 lv 1.jpg
1964 lv 2.jpg
1964 lv 3.jpg

I think the vintage Land Cruisers "fad" has just about played itself out. Did anyone watch this restored 73 below sell for $24K on BAT?

- 1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

I see a lot of ads for FJ40's that open with "PRICE REDUCED". The guys in Colombia are running out of FJ43's to ship over here. (thankfully). I see some stupid asking prices for "so so" trucks. These trucks are NOT selling. Everyone who really wanted an vintage Land Cruiser has one by now. People are selling them at a loss. Way more sellers than buyers.

I don't even own a Land Cruiser today as I rarely see anything worth buying anymore. Hopefully the market will eventually smooth.

20171015_165204_1508111660387_001-940x667.jpg

Last edited:
I think the vintage Land Cruisers "fad" has just about played itself out. Did anyone watch this restored 73 below sell for $24K on BAT?

I see a lot of ads for FJ40's that open with "PRICE REDUCED". The guys in Colombia are running out of FJ43's to ship over here. (thankfully). I see some stupid asking prices for "so so" trucks. These trucks are NOT selling. Everyone who really wanted an vintage Land Cruiser has one by now. People are selling them at a loss. Way more sellers than buyers.

I don't even own a Land Cruiser today as I rarely see anything worth buying anymore. Hopefully the market will eventually smooth.

View attachment 1597510
There will always be buyers for 75-83 FJ40s , the earlier ones don't usually command the highest price.

There will always be buyers for 75-83 FJ40s , the earlier ones don't usually command the highest price.
The reason I sold the 1964 fj45LV was to buy my every day driver 1983 fj40.

so is the LV for sale again or not?

View attachment 1597510

How does a new cruiser guy not get bent over trying to find a truck? I'd like a survivor to get mechanically sound myself, possibly paint and body way down the road. But a driveable rough 40 or 43 would be great for a long time until then. I see a lot of rigs on CL that are junk and overpriced, or clearly a quick bondo job.

How does a new cruiser guy not get bent over trying to find a truck? I'd like a survivor to get mechanically sound myself, possibly paint and body way down the road. But a driveable rough 40 or 43 would be great for a long time until then. I see a lot of rigs on CL that are junk and overpriced, or clearly a quick bondo job.

Research your desired model here on the forum. Ask questions. Check out your local club. I think there are a couple of Lone Star TLCA chapters that have a Club forum here.

North American Clubhouses - Central Region | IH8MUD Forum

I always heard older rigs had better metal also, and possibly less prone to rust... I'm also partial to my F engine maybe? LOL

I sure do love that patina, wonder if anyone has actually got their hands dirty working on my old beauty, Tatonka the Toyopet? I spent over 100 hours clearing out a massive rats nest, cleaning ,resurrecting and getting the engine running after it sat for over 28 years! She deserves a good home with some one who can make a commitment, NOT just a buck. Last knowledge was that @wileycoyote was in possession of her. I am able to talk about it now and not get upset. So feel free to PM with ?'s. Cool to see the pics @NOSAJ thanks.
Way cool to see the Pa coal and the Clinkers sticker still on the window ,they were a local bluegrass band from Madrid New Mexico, where the 45 sat for 28 years up on the mesa!
:rimshot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom