Builds 1963 FJ45V in The Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics of the engine bay as it looks right now. A mix of 63 and mid 70’s parts.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Removed most of the paint.
image.jpg

look great, its going to be a beauty. if yuo get a chance could i trouble you for a pic of the booster mount it looks nice and simple

if yuo get a chance could i trouble you for a pic of the booster mount it looks nice and simple

I’ll shoot a pic soon. It is actually a piece of square tube with two plates at the ends with bolt holes and center hole. We first mounted the booster to the tube and then the assembly in the car. Lengthened the actuator rod et voila.

thanks for that hdjtachtig, might do the same, but with an 80 series booster:)

Almost looks Land Rover-ish.

After a lot of temporarily rust patching we painted the 45V. We had some grey paint left overs.
Piece by piece getting the car thogether. Now mounted the front bench and steering wheel and took it outside for the first time in years. Nice to have it running again.
Next up is some technical issues to fix. Two steps forward and one step back every time. But we’ll get there!
Need to get it safe and then get MOT and get it registered. Then we’ll drive it some time and the long term planning is a restoration/restomod.
A couple of months ago my dad found a low km 2017 FJ. Which is a unicorn here. Funny thing is the colors are matching. The paint on the 45V was there before he bought the FJ.
21C10157-620C-4E40-9250-E085B13BF17D.jpeg
5B991151-3A6C-413A-AAE7-8995E82FC36E.jpeg
4C5C05C6-32F6-4FB8-8ED5-25706440FFD4.jpeg

Last edited:
After a lot of temporarily rust patching we painted the 45V. We had some grey paint left overs.
Piece by piece getting the car thogether. Now mounted the front bench and steering wheel and took it outside for the first time in years. Nice to have it running again.
Next up is some technical issues to fix. Two steps forward and one step back every time. But we’ll get there!
Need to get it safe and then get MOT and get it registered. Then we’ll drive it some time and the long term planning is a restoration/restomod.
A couple of months ago my dad found a low km 2017 FJ. Which is a unicorn here. Funny thing is the colors are matching. The paint on the 45V was there before he bought the FJ.
View attachment 2620145View attachment 2620143View attachment 2620144
Two steps forward one step back is something a lot of us can relate to. Looking good though!

I see what you're talking about. I was thinking the shape of the wheel well cut out on the brochure rather than the quarter panel itself. We were just discussing this on my thread. Like you said this quarter with the flat rear door and body around the wheel well and ribs that extend all the way to the rear door were on the FJ35 and early 45V/LV. As it says in the 50 year anniversary book about the FJ35, it was made only from February the August but Gifu kept making the body until December of that year. They were probably cranking them out for the upcoming 45s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom