For Sale 1962 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have this 1962 Factory Soft top. Tub is on really good shape, Dash has been cut. Fenders, hood, I am told not many had bard doors ( I have those also ) Front clip and stamped bezel are the cleanest I have ever seen. Windshield frame is in Great shape wiper motors look good and the glass is still in perfect shape Frame is in good shape, Someone started to weld a 4 runner IFS set up on it. There some cleaning up to do but overall its in good shape. Original axles and springs. California Title in hand. $ 4000 I would be willing to deliver within a reasonable distance provided fuel and travel cost were paid.

IMG_20180328_104918645.jpg

IMG_20180329_104201506_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180329_104215339.jpg

IMG_20180328_104926254_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180329_104155830.jpg

Last edited:
What is wrong with people? Lol
Adulterate an early 40 with IFS?
Somebody give me the Bugs Bunny glove real quick!

I'd be interested in the barn doors if you would be willing to sell separately.
I would have to sell the frame,tub and axles first if I was going to part it out. I'd let those go for 2000 with the title

Too many!!! Why would someone part out a rare barn door fst! Why do you think it’s a part out rig? It’s a rare early 40 fst with barn doors? Go look in the part out classified section? Could’nt help myself brother!!
For sure Brother, one of the coolest things about finding these, like the last one the 1964 its so complete. All the hard to find stuff is here. I part it out and I'm stuck with a Cruiser with missing parts LOL

Too many!!! Why would someone part out a rare barn door fst! Why do you think it’s a part out rig? It’s a rare early 40 fst with barn doors? Go look in the part out classified section? Could’nt help myself brother!!
Someone attempted to Frankenstein (God only knows why???) an IFS setup on the frame. I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that there are more than likely other PO abominations that have been done to it throughout the years. Pair that with the fact that it is in pieces now and he entertained splitting up the tub/chassis/frame separate a few posts above this one prompted me to inquire about the rear doors.

Not all of them are gonna get saved my friend. I know we all wish they could, but it's the sad truth. If it was all together I wouldn't have ever thought of asking, but it is obviously not. It is in pieces with an IFS suspension under it with no motor.

Someone attempted to Frankenstein (God only knows why???) an IFS setup on the frame. I'm gonna go out on a whim and say that there are more than likely other PO abominations that have been done to it throughout the years. Pair that with the fact that it is in pieces now and he entertained splitting up the tub/chassis/frame separate a few posts above this one prompted me to inquire about the rear doors.

Not all of them are gonna get saved my friend. I know we all wish they could, but it's the sad truth. If it was all together I wouldn't have ever thought of asking, but it is obviously not. It is in pieces with an IFS suspension under it with no motor.
Sorry for the confusion I thru that out to mess with a buddy. The frame itself is really in good shape Yea its gonna take some cleaning up for sure. I have another clean 1971 frame here at the house. Nothing wrong with asking and honestly I do come across a lot of parts trucks here and there. If I do find a nice set of barn doors you will be first in line

Well I'm out. Thanks everyone for the stupid PM's letting me know its just a parts rig LMAO ! Yea its got some issues Don't they all when there over 50 years old. This has nothing to do with anything anyone here on the thread said. I got a few serious inquiries. Thanks for looking

Well I'm out. Thanks everyone for the stupid PM's letting me know its just a parts rig LMAO ! Yea its got some issues Don't they all when there over 50 years old. This has nothing to do with anything anyone here on the thread said. I got a few serious inquiries. Thanks for looking

Everyone always thinks they are an expert and try to justify their opinion to manipulate you into parting it out. The reason is usually because they can't afford the truck.
In every transaction someone is always being sold. Funny thing is its not always the seller doing the selling...
Good luck with the sale my friend...

could you school me on the bib lights, I'm thinking aftermarket??
also the transfer case has a long nose cone on the rear, is that an early 40 setup??

Paul,

Front lights are aftermarket, early to 62 ish had the long small 4 bolt nose cone. What’s crazy is this looks like an early side shift trans converted to a top shift? @65swb45 ? Thoughts?

Paul,

Front lights are aftermarket, early to 62 ish had the long small 4 bolt nose cone. What’s crazy is this looks like an early side shift trans converted to a top shift? @65swb45 ? Thoughts?

Looks like a Chevy BH in front of the trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom