1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the pedals and a battery mount installed.

Ordered a ton of parts earlier this week, now just waiting for stuff to arrive. Xmas is coming early.
20181106_173831.jpg
20181106_171929.jpg

Nice! Coming right along!

Epic thread. Nice going. Keep up the good work.

These tires are kind of funny looking.
Funny, perhaps. But also very period correct.

Note that those Power Kings are directional. Many times you see those mounted on rigs with some going backwards. You need to make sure that you mention to the shop mounting them to make certain that 2 go one way, and 3 the other. (The spare will be wrong for one side, but it's only a spare.)

I bought the Power Kings off ebay thru tires easy. I missed the sale but they were still pretty cheap.

Nice. I think I’m going with those SS lines as well (SOR I assume). Good you put in a later tray mount so the new trays fit the mounting holes.

Yes, lines are from SOR.

The battery mount is different, taller, than the older ones. The new tray bolted right up. It's not era correct, but at least it's all Mr. T.

Those are going to look sweet on that truck Jack!

Tires are all mounted up.
Note that those Power Kings are directional. Many times you see those mounted on rigs with some going backwards. You need to make sure that you mention to the shop mounting them to make certain that 2 go one way, and 3 the other. (The spare will be wrong for one side, but it's only a spare.)
Yes, but unless the back two are wheels-facing-the-wall, they mounted all 5 for the right side. Any two of those you put on the left will be running backwards.

Yes, but unless the back two are wheels-facing-the-wall, they mounted all 5 for the right side. Any two of those you put on the left will be running backwards.

You have a good eye. The back two are facing the wall. I looked at pix and made sure to get them mounted correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom