16" Vintage Steel Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your new wheel revited like this one. The reason I ask is in the US our 15" wheels went from revited to welded when the design was changed for the disk brakes. That may have only been in the 15" wheel to clear the calibers. Now that I think about it seems my 16" split rims are revited too:hmm:

I'll have to mearure one of my wheels than maybe we can find a math person to convert centimeters to inches:rolleyes:

Thanks Peter:cheers:

Peter, I read that as 85 MM, or 8.5 CM, which when converted
85 millimeter = 3.346 456 692 9 inch, so John 3.35"...hope this helps!!

Peter, I read that as 85 MM, or 8.5 CM, which when converted
85 millimeter = 3.346 456 692 9 inch, so John 3.35"...hope this helps!!
Was a little bit dark and cold in the garage,
first I read 8,5 cm than 8,9cm :rolleyes:
wrote 8,9 cm on the paper made a pic & so we have
8,5 - 8,9 cm :D
8,5 cm is 85 mm
Think 8,5cm is correct
Converter:
Kalkulator Umrechnung - Maßeinheiten mm - cm - inch - zoll - Berechnung der Längen - Maße berechnen

Cheers Peter

Is your new wheel revited like this one.
Sorry don`t know , haven`t looked on the new one such intensive I did on the old today ;)

Last edited:
I knew if I baited you guys somebody would look it up for me.:cheers: I guess that means I have to check one of my wheels.:cheers:

Is your new wheel revited like this one. The reason I ask is in the US our 15" wheels went from revited to welded when the design was changed for the disk brakes. That may have only been in the 15" wheel to clear the calibers. Now that I think about it seems my 16" split rims are revited too:hmm:

I'll have to mearure one of my wheels than maybe we can find a math person to convert centimeters to inches:rolleyes:

Thanks Peter:cheers:

All my rims are revited. :bounce2::bounce: And later split type 16" rims are revited too here. ;) "I dont think they ever had 15" rims here in NZ"

Well I measured a FJ25 rim today and it didn't have as much back spacing as these new 16" rims. Kinda hard to measure with a tire mounted but as best I could tell it's only 2 7/8" which is close to a 1/2" less:frown: I guess we need to know what the back spacing is of Archies's wheels. Of course someone could always pay to get one to the US to see if the new one by chance would work.

PS I measured it by using a file that reached across from one edge of the rim to the other edge. Then measured to the center by the lug nut holes. Then flipped the file and measured again in case the file wasn't straight. Came out the same both times.

Last edited:
Hey Archie,

Just for the record, what size and type of tire are you running on there? Looks good.

Jim

Did we ever figure out if those rims Peter outlined would work? I just asked my local guy to see if he can get some...we'll see :popcorn:

A quick question. I stopped by the place that had the NOS FJ25 stuff and they asked if I wanted to buy a set of Land Cruiser wheels. The ones they brought out were split rims with a part number 20011-04303. They do not have the hub cap clips like I expect to see (and what my FJ55 and FJ45LV have) but rather a raised rim in about that area that would possibly hold the hubcaps.

Does this number mean anything? I'm thinking it's an early Patrol rim rather than a 'Cruiser rim.

Guuuuuuys ;)
try to get those rims in the states.
$ is weak against the Euro (Chart today 03.19.09)

hklhtml.gif

since " Helicopter Ben ":D

( Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke )
floated the markets yesterday with
a-million-dollars.jpg

have to hedge my US-Invests :rolleyes:

Cheers
Peter

Hey Archie,

Just for the record, what size and type of tire are you running on there? Looks good.

Jim

They are 235/85/R16LT (Front Firestone and Rear Kumho). I would be changing them in future.

I am thinking of "Dunlop Super Gripper" 7.50/R16LT See Picture below.
Dunlop Super Gripper.jpg
Super Gripper.jpg

Last edited:
Here in NZ Super Grippers are available and comes in only two sizes. Other available size is "205/R16LT". This will be very close to original 600 X 16 but I feel it looks too smal on FJ25. So i decided to stick with the size I mentioned previously. :)

I checked the prices about 3 months back it was around NZD $225.00 each. It might be more now since tyre prices are gone thru the roof. I will wait for some time they might go down.:rolleyes:

Finally settled on "Dunlop SP Road Gripper F" 750 R16 LT 8 PLY. Made In Japan.

They comes standard as OEM on new 70 Series Landcruisers here in NZ. Luckly found a complete set of 5 as brand new take off at one of the Toyota dealership. They are better then the Super Grippers and less noisy too.

Not to mention got one heck of a deal also. ;)
A.jpg
B.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom