15b-ft or not to be? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A 15B-FTE you said .. ?

Yes the old Coaster ,pre 06 used the 1HD FTE and now it uses the 15B FTE.
So they probably use the same gearbox with a different bellhousing like the landcruiser does with the 1VD FTE
Probably all 3 engines can use the same gearbox

Yes the old Coaster ,pre 06 used the 1HD FTE and now it uses the 15B FTE.
So they probably use the same gearbox with a different bellhousing like the landcruiser does with the 1VD FTE
Probably all 3 engines can use the same gearbox

Interesting info .. which tranny . .. ? the H151 ..?

repali manual

Snail
-where you buy Toyota 15B FTE repair manual & what the Pub number
-Refer from EPC 99/08-01/08 15B FTE use pump P/N 22100-5C610. and 01/08 15b FTE use pump P/N 22100-5C700.I own newer 15B FTE repair manual that speed sensor is 1-3 ohm, but my old 15B FTE is measure 220 ohm, can you help me to chek your manual to comfrim the number ?
-also , is splil valve have polality ? cause I use newer 15B FTE cabel to old 15 B FTE, but cabel connector is not match to spill valve connector
sensor2.jpg

sensor1.jpg

Snail
-where you buy Toyota 15B FTE repair manual & what the Pub number
-Refer from EPC 99/08-01/08 15B FTE use pump P/N 22100-5C610. and 01/08 15b FTE use pump P/N 22100-5C700.I own newer 15B FTE repair manual that speed sensor is 1-3 ohm, but my old 15B FTE is measure 220 ohm, can you help me to chek your manual to comfrim the number ?
-also , is splil valve have polality ? cause I use newer 15B FTE cabel to old 15 B FTE, but cabel connector is not match to spill valve connector

Hey mate, sorry, but i cant help you at the moment. I have sent the repair manuals to jabxyz who is going to scan them, then forward the files to MattF who will hopefully post them in the Sticky thread 'Online manuals' linked below
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/184462-online-manuals.html

I see you posted a picture in another thread of a 15B-FTE fitted into a 40. Is that the project your talking about? If so, is there any chance you could post some more pictures up - im sure there would be quite a few people interested in seeing more of this toy!:smokin:

cheers

Hey mate, sorry, but i cant help you at the moment. I have sent the repair manuals to jabxyz who is going to scan them, then forward the files to MattF who will hopefully post them in the Sticky thread 'Online manuals' linked below
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/184462-online-manuals.html

I see you posted a picture in another thread of a 15B-FTE fitted into a 40. Is that the project your talking about? If so, is there any chance you could post some more pictures up - im sure there would be quite a few people interested in seeing more of this toy!:smokin:

cheers

They haven't arrived yet, but the scanner is in place and I've already hooked up with Matt re: tech stuff like dpi resolutions that work best for his site, etc. As soon as the manuals get here I'll get grinding on getting them digital and out to Matt so that they will be available to all who are interested.

x2 on more pics of the 15B and where you sourced it.:cheers:

actualy, 15 B conversion is quite simple . use 13 or 14 B flywheel & use OEM B engine transmision & bellhousing( 4 or 5 speed ) , 4.11 diff & 35 inch tire. perfect fit & run like came from factory.
engine is so compact , even Hilux LN 106 use it.I have pic that 15B install at BJ or LN
b4.jpg

b7.jpg

b3.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b8.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

This engine is new from hino dealer , at 2003 it dump to my junk yard cause no want can use it, we canibal the powerstering pump & starter & fan belt pully.2005 I found complete Repair manual & EPC from Hino dealer, so I start to use this engine. New item is :power stering pump, pulley fan, ECD ( ECU, driver injektor, all new conector ), 10 pcs oem oli filter, new OEM Toyota fuel filter used item : only starter is used, 5 speed transmition with bellhousing , TPO 2 speed gear box, used coaster wiring.OEM dinamo charge braket is low mount, I change with 15B braket , that hight mount. till this day never run.all item I want to sell it for 24.000 US$

Well as to the engine it looks beautiful, however if you are seriously trying to sell it then you'll need to post it in the vendors or parts for sale section. Are you sure about that price in U.S. Dollars, $24,000.00? If you are seriously thinking of posting for sale, that price is almost 4x more than I have seen with shipping included or was this a money conversion error? :cheers:

So is this engine used in the US Hino trucks that look kind of like the Isuzu NPRs? And would it work with an A440? I know the A440 and A442 used with the 1HD-T are similar, but not sure how they compare with the innards and stuff.

Hello bukit,

do you have more pictures of a 15B-FT fited on a FJ40???

I have noticed that in some pics, they are using the FJ40/BJ40 OEM radiator. Is there any problem using it? Should´t we use the 15B-FT OEM radiator?

Onother question is about the chassi motor mounts, i think we need to realocate them, how?

Thanks,
Nuno Machado

yes , we use OEM Bj 40 radiator....the most importan, is fan shourd, & we never find overheating problem..

Next step is matching the bellhousing with the H55 transmition!

Need Help here!!!! Any tips???

Question:

Is there any difference using (in the 15B-FT) the OME flywheel or another smaller flywheel (like the B ou 11B...)?

I purchase the original bellhousing because i wanted to use the original 15B-FT flywheel!

Since the original clutch disk haves 14 splines with 300mm diameter, and i will use the h55 (21 plines), i have found an ISUZU clutch disk with 300mm and 21 splines:

NW-2262 IZUZU
8-94462-789-2
8-94462-789-3
NIPPON CLUTCH CO LTD

unless the truck you got the bell housing from had the 2wd version of the h55 (h51?) that bellhousing probably won't mate up to a h55. apparently the h55 bellhousing behind the 3b and 13bt bolt straight up to the back of the 15bft. if the 15bft flywheel is bigger however you might not be able to use a bellhousing from a cruiser motor. also the isuzu input shaft might have a different diameter to the h55 one. if you haven't got the disc already i can get you the diameter of a dummy shaft at work tomorrow.

"There is a 2WD H55F .. ? I never saw it .. as same as H150 .. or H151"
just what i've heard, h50 or h51 rings a bell-obviously no x-fer case. the OD of the only dummy shaft i could find at work (isuzu dealership) that had 21 splines was 28mm. agian, whether the bigger clutch that you've got will fit a bellhousing from a 3b/13bt i wouldn't have a clue. would be great if you could but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom