15b-ft or not to be? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

R2HKS said:
I have run my 42 3B against a mates 80 series 1HZ, numerous times (my truck was his old truck) and we are neck and neck up to about 110km/hr. He starts to gradually pull away from me from there on. Basically he pulls away when he goes into 5th.

I bet your over fueling and running the EGT's too high. Those 3B's produce lots of power when over fueling. But the EGT temps are going to wreak your head. Or other things in there.

160 is also too fast and too high on a compression engine. What are you trying to do to that poor cruiser? Cruisers are not meant to be driven like that. IMOP

Pyro's are not only for Turbo guys, do a search on here. It is an essential piece on a naturally aspirated engine too. It allows you to set up the fuel properly to gain the most out of your engine. IMOP you cannot tune the engine to get proper fuel with out it. Others wise say good bye to your engine, as you will F-ack it.

brownbear said:
Pyro's are not only for Turbo guys, do a search on here. It is an essential piece on a naturally aspirated engine too. It allows you to set up the fuel properly to gain the most out of your engine. IMOP you cannot tune the engine to get proper fuel with out it. Others wise say good bye to your engine, as you will F-ack it.

I drime a Pyro in my 2H non turbo coz I'm interested in care my engine and keep safe under all kind of terrains .. so I know my drive style and are nos soft when the mud is heavy ..

In fact with stock tires, stock pump and all factory maybe you don't need a pyro .. but hwn you start modifiying all things .. you must IMOP.

Anyone know if a 14-15b(t) would be much heavier than a 2F? What would the difference be?
Lewis

Anyone know if a 14-15b(t) would be much heavier than a 2F? What would the difference be?
Lewis

I think most of us would agree the toyota 6 cyl gassers and diesel are all pretty close in weight with not much than a 150 lbs separating them.
Toyota dont have diesel or gasser springs so you can draw a conclusion from that.
We get people throwing up various weights but they often have this part or that part missing or had to weigh the pallet with the engine.

In your case I would hazard a guess and say they would be very close in weight.

Is this for a future diesel swap? Keep us informed;)

I think most of us would agree the toyota 6 cyl gassers and diesel are all pretty close in weight with not much than a 150 lbs separating them.
Toyota dont have diesel or gasser springs so you can draw a conclusion from that.
We get people throwing up various weights but they often have this part or that part missing or had to weigh the pallet with the engine.

In your case I would hazard a guess and say they would be very close in weight.

Is this for a future diesel swap? Keep us informed;)

Okay thanks,
And yes I'm planning on doing a swap, have to wait and see what I might be able to get my hands on :).

Just wondering if a 15B-T can directly fit a 1987 BJ74V (which originally comes with 13B-T)....? No mods.nada. How much Hp is it again, anyone have detailed specs?

Just wondering if a 15B-T can directly fit a 1987 BJ74V (which originally comes with 13B-T)....? No mods.nada. How much Hp is it again, anyone have detailed specs?

Yo can found in the internet the 15B-T specs ..

Turbo Direct Injected
155@3200
288@1800

nice numbers in my books ..

i run with my bj60 with 12H-T at 160kmh, i just worry about the car will clash, because u know an old car or new car, suddenly the tyre flat, then u fly ... but bj60 in 160kmh, it very scary too, because the sound of wind, make it more scary

my bj60 upgrade engine 3B to 12H-T, but personally thing the engine is very noisy..., the torque power is amazing...., i think this was a bull....

but i suggest get 15BT is u got money, once u modify more on it, the fuel is more easy to modify.. not like 12H-T i now still headache how to modify the fuel...
1HD or 12H is not a match or par with 15BT if modified..

can i know 15Bt from what engine? i see also from mega cruiser, and from DYNA?

i run with my bj60 with 12H-T at 160kmh, i just worry about the car will clash, because u know an old car or new car, suddenly the tyre flat, then u fly ... but bj60 in 160kmh, it very scary too, because the sound of wind, make it more scary

160km/h :eek:

Never in my life in my Tencha .. ( in case that she could do :p )

I think you have to change the oil pan to a 3B so it fits ok. The 14b and 15B are from trucks,buses etc.
There was someone who did a 14B swap into his BJ70? and he lived in Bolivia or Guatemala or in those areas.
Anyone else remember that post about 12 months ago??

I think you have to change the oil pan to a 3B so it fits ok. The 14b and 15B are from trucks,buses etc.
There was someone who did a 14B swap into his BJ70? and he lived in Bolivia or Guatemala or in those areas.

i also got a friend , modify 14BT into his LC75, for tow car( those accident car)

160km/h :eek:

Never in my life in my Tencha .. ( in case that she could do :p )

few thing in my mind when at that speed...
- scare of something come out and bang it, my car lose control
- scare of the tyre flat, if yes, then lose control too
- haha scare of tyre is faster then my car, mean the tyre is come out from car, since old car :lol::lol:

Is this the post you were thinking of Rosco? 14B into a BJ73

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=133723&highlight=14b

Or maybe it was this one

http://www.gscruiserparts.com/3F_to_14BT_in_FJ70.html

The oil pan needed is that from a 8/88> BJ70/73 fitted with a 3BII engine (which is the one that has the engine mounted vacuum pump)

I was planning to install a 15B-FT into my BJ61 awhile back, and sourced a bit of info on these engines in the process. I posted a few pictures on the thread linked below, but will post a few more i have since sourced here in this thread.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=131794

AFAIK all 15B's are pushrod 16 valve engines. There is two versions of the so called '15BT'.

The first was the 15B-FT which had a mechanical injector pump. Both rotary and inline pumps were available.

The second was the 15B-FTE which had an electronic injector pump. The FTE also its crankshaft journals increased in size over the FT. Approx 7mm for the mains and 5mm for the bigends.

The non-turbo engine was called the 15BF

There is also a LPG version called the 15BFP

The FT was used in Toyota BU212, 222 and 297 Dyna light trucks. The later FTE was used in the BU400 series. 15B's have also been used in Toyota Coaster buses, and possibly also in Daihatsu 'Delta's and Hino 'Ranger's

The Megacruiser also used the turbo versions. Earlier models were fitted with the FT engine, with it being replaced later on with the FTE.

Pic 1 15B-FT from a light truck. The black pipe on top of the engine is for the air feed from the turbo to the air filter assembly which is mounted on the left rear of the cab.

Pic 2 Hard to say for sure, but it looks like a FT. Front bowl sump, and two piece bellhousing for the larger 12" flywheel.

Pic 3 Non turbo 15BF
screen15bftbernie.jpg
screen15bftfrontsump.jpg
screen15bfleftside.jpg

Pic 1 Rebuilt 15B. Note the lack of piston oil cooling jets pressed into the side of the block like earlier B's. The 15B has them threaded into the underside of the block instead.

Pic 2 EPC 15BFP

Pic 3 FSM's
rebuilt15b.jpg
screenEPC15BFP.jpg
P1010052.JPG

Pic 1 14BT

Pic 2 Rebuilt 14B

Pic 3 Rebuilt 14B with injector pump
screenbernie14bt.jpg
screen14brebuiltnopump.jpg
screenrebuilt14bWITHpump.jpg

Pic 1 Megacruiser fitted with a 15B-FT

Pic 2 Another fitted with a 15B-FTE

The crossover pipe is for the turbo to intercooler feed since both the inlet and outlet of the intercooler is on the left hand sice of the Megacruisers cooler.
screen15BFTMEGABAY TOP.jpg
screenSEMA15BFTEMEGABAY.jpg

A few diagrams from the FSM's

Pic 1 15B-FTE head assembly

Pic 2 Valve rocker assembly. Similar valve bridge setup to the 1HD-FT but is pushrod operated instead of the overhead camshaft of the 1HD.

Pic 3 15B-FT turbo setup. The FT uses a 3 bolt flange turbo, while the FTE uses a 4 bolt one.
screenfsmftehead.jpg
screenfsmfterocker.jpg
screenfsmftturbo2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom