12HT engine rebuild (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very much, Oz. Thank you for sharing. Your work is an inspiration.

Thanks Juggernaught
I was planing on spending the day removing the 2h from the hj75 but woke up to rain so I decided to finish the engine apart from water pump, thermostat, idler pulley, belts and hoses that are on the way. I wont fit these until the engine is mounted as I want to give the engine a good flush. The injectors and rocker cover will be torqued down once oil pressure and flow to the rocker gear is established.

Thanks for all the support and likes I received with my 12h build.
Cheers all :beer:
12ht 001.JPG

Last edited:
That's sweet. Good work

The gasket surface where spotless after many hours labor with single side razor blade and yes I used a very light smear off sealant both sides on most gaskets.

Cheers guys
I will post up the EGT's and boost/fuel ratios? for you but will need more time as hopping to have it on the road today if the blue slip for registration go well.
The air cleaner lid need some modification to try and get the intake boot at a better angle this is what we did.
AIR CLEANER LID 001.JPG
red turbo 001.JPG

Last edited:
All smiles now the truck passed the pit inspection and now has rego. :)
Job done, Well done
I just purchased a busted 12ht, without exhaust manifold and turbo, for a good price, with intention to rebuild for a project, and if need be transplant into my existing hj61, I will PM you to get your number to get some guidence once I start to navigate my way through, cheers

No worries sent my number through.
The engine is running great with no oil use the rings have bedded in well still clean oil after 2500 K. I'm very happy with the fuel consumption as I brought a 18 ft duel axel caravan last weekend it was fully loaded with everything and the truck averaged 13.7 litres per hundred K. :)

CARAVAN 002.JPG

Last edited:
Yes load that donk up, make it work, will def help those rings bed in and reduce the chance of glazing.
Did you have the pump recalibrated or left as is ?
It nice that no oil is being used or burned either, a good sign

I've been driving heavy vehicles for 40 years so no good spending money until testing pump was left as I got lucky but injectors will need doing as there on the minimum blow off numbers 180 but she goes well with the extra fuel. The 12ht is a great engine with big torque but it takes some driving in the rough or jarring over pot holes to handle the torque.
Similar to a big GM two stroke horses for courses my friend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom