120 series Photos! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my new to me 2005 GX that I picked up the other day to replace my LX450.

IMG_20171223_162110_047.jpg

The BFD is similar to the Six Shooter but the offset is different, it's basically a closer knockoff of the Volk TE37. Both are available in 17 or 18".
Fitments for the GX, per the FN website, look like the BFD in 18 x 9, 0 offset. The Six shooter is 17 x 8, 0 offset. Unless there are some unlisted sizes, those seem to be the options....

Yup, 18” BFD’s. The truck has since been lifted with a full Radflo setup, but the wheels are still on it!

View attachment 1597503
That looks great! Do you happen to have any shots looking down the side of the truck, showing how far they stick out beyond the fender flares? Ideally, prior to the Radflo setup being installed.

I'm trying to decide if I'd go with the Six Shooter or the BFD. I don't plan to make any other modifications to my suspension because I just don't do any serious off-roading at this point. I do not want to compromise the drive or feel on the road at all, so I'm just a bit concerned about the 18x9 BFDs...

That looks great! Do you happen to have any shots looking down the side of the truck, showing how far they stick out beyond the fender flares? Ideally, prior to the Radflo setup being installed.

I'm trying to decide if I'd go with the Six Shooter or the BFD. I don't plan to make any other modifications to my suspension because I just don't do any serious off-roading at this point. I do not want to compromise the drive or feel on the road at all, so I'm just a bit concerned about the 18x9 BFDs...

I ran those wheels and tires when it was still on airbags and had running boards. Had some minor front rubbing which just needed a heat gun to resolve. Personally, if you aren’t planning on lifting it, the 18’s would be my choice. Now that I’m lifted and doing more off-roading here in AZ, I wish I would’ve gone with 17’s strictly from a tire choice aspect. Much more availablity in a 17” off road tire than an 18”, but I think the 18’s look better.

BBCC4F78-E50A-457F-881D-B14BDC3E9336.jpeg

5ED566EE-039D-475E-9D1C-E074F04350D6.jpeg

Edit; here it was with no other mods besides wheels and tires. Still on airbags, in the “normal” setting for the pic. If you google “blackcat GX470”, there’s a ton of pics of my truck on an image search.

0ADABD9D-72BF-49D1-8751-378B8C7E69EF.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran those wheels and tires when it was still on airbags and had running boards. Had some minor front rubbing which just needed a heat gun to resolve. Personally, if you aren’t planning on lifting it, the 18’s would be my choice. Now that I’m lifted and doing more off-roading here in AZ, I wish I would’ve gone with 17’s strictly from a tire choice aspect. Much more availablity in a 17” off road tire than an 18”, but I think the 18’s look better.

Edit; here it was with no other mods besides wheels and tires. Still on airbags, in the “normal” setting for the pic. If you google “blackcat GX470”, there’s a ton of pics of my truck on an image search.

I think that photo above is the nicest looking GX I've ever seen.
I'm also having trouble with 18" tire choices. What I think I want is 285/60/18 in a very moderately aggressive tread that will be very quiet (important to me) on the road. Something like the Michelin Defender LTX MS, but it's not available in the size. (I've learned over the years that buying anything other than Michelin is usually a recipe for dissatisfaction and remorse.) The Latitude Tour HP is still available, but it's very "car tire" looking and I think it's been discontinued. I wonder how quiet the BFG AT T/A KO2 are compared to the less aggressive Michelins???

All things considered, the LTX MS in 275/60/18 would probably be most likely to meet my needs even though it's not exactly the size I think I prefer.

Last edited:
I think that photo above is the nicest looking GX I've ever seen.
I'm also having trouble with 18" tire choices. What I think I want is 285/60/18 in a very moderately aggressive tread that will be very quiet (important to me) on the road. Something like the Michelin Defender LTX MS, but it's not available in the size. (I've learned over the years that buying anything other than Michelin is usually a recipe for dissatisfaction and remorse.) The Latitude Tour HP is still available, but it's very "car tire" looking and I think it's been discontinued. I wonder how quiet the BFG AT T/A KO2 are compared to the less aggressive Michelins???

All things considered, the LTX MS in 275/60/18 would probably be most likely to meet my needs even though it's not exactly the size I think I prefer.
Thanks! I can’t speak highly enough of the Nitto Terra Grapplers on the truck now. They’re 285/60/18’s. At the time, they satisfied the itch for a somewhat aggressive looking tire I wanted and would not be noisy on the road. Now, they just look small. The truck has taken on more of an adventure rig role, so I’ll be ditching these and going with a 34” or larger.

@I6turbo and @BlackCat We will be installing 285/60/18' BFG KO2's on my brothers GX tomorrow morning... stand by for pictures!

Last edited:
Finally got a decent picture of my brothers 08’ with new GX460 wheels on 285/60/18 BFG KO2’s. I would like the same 460 wheel and tire setup, but I can’t seem to find any locally for a decent price. I am considering going with the F-sport wheels, but not sure about them..., did get the roof storage box on. Ready for the ski trips!

06A9470D-42BD-4382-8A5E-F82E04B07305.jpeg

FC09629F-A47F-44EB-ABDD-3213A251C201.jpeg

ADB1F4C8-53DD-4069-BA60-0744465D0421.jpeg

7CD0A306-84FB-4AAA-A5FE-6077CA089F94.jpeg

8D1AD887-CB75-41EC-AABE-7FE545600A2F.jpeg

View attachment 1598411

View attachment 1598412

View attachment 1598421
nice

Got the wheels and tires installed on the GX..... usually love white letters out, not sure on this one, might have to flip the tires.

14B45E66-2CB3-4EA3-88AD-A7024F811BAB.jpeg

Added to the fleet! Wife's new daily is an 04 GX470 with 143k and great service records from the lexus dealership.

20180217_165431.jpg
20180217_160904.jpg
20180217_165617.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom