120 series Photos! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What color did you use for your SR5 wheels? Powder coat or plastidip or...?

What color did you use for your SR5 wheels? Powder coat or plastidip or...?
3 coats of black primer, then storm gray metallic with clearcoat. All spray painted, then changed the emblems. I don't care for the rims in original silver but love them now.

GXLee are you running wheel spacers? If so what size?

GXLee are you running wheel spacers? If so what size?
I used to run 1.5" spacers with the OEM rims, but these SR5 rims have a different offset so no spacers needed. The tires clear the UCA by at least an inch, and there's no rubbing anywhere. So I have some spacers for sale. :)

3 coats of black primer, then storm gray metallic with clearcoat. All spray painted, then changed the emblems. I don't care for the rims in original silver but love them now.

I tried but didn't find the thread detailing the emblem swap (I've seen it before...). If you have it handy, please post.

Assuming the guy gets back to me, I just bought the same wheels off Craigslist...... :)

--shameless copycat

I tried but didn't find the thread detailing the emblem swap (I've seen it before...). If you have it handy, please post.

Assuming the guy gets back to me, I just bought the same wheels off Craigslist...... :)

--shameless copycat
Lol so was I! I actually removed the Toyota emblems by pushing the "clips" from the backside of the center caps, and used these after painting: CUSTOM OEM STICK ON ADHESIVE ROUND LEXUS CHROME PLATED LOGOS EMBLEM SET OF 4 | eBay They're adhesive so they don't line up exactly with the holes in the center cap- but unless you look really closely you'd never know. Let us know how they turn out!

IMG_7613.jpeg
IMG_7612.jpeg

Finally managed to get her stuck... Need to figure out which lift and get some 33's!

Put some new shoes on the GX yesterday. Finally looks like the right size tires for this truck. Now on to the rear bumper!

View attachment 1360716

@GXLee Hey man quick question for you! I am picking up a set of the same 4runner SR5 wheels you have. I know you have 285/70/17 on yours and my concern is the width of the wheel vs. the tires recommended minimum width.

If you look at the BFG website they say this size tire should be on a 7.5"-9" wheel. These wheels are 7" wide, has it been an issue for you? any concerns with airing down too far and throwing a bead?

These tires are on my short list so I want to make sure I am all good!

Thanks in advance!

@GXLee Hey man quick question for you! I am picking up a set of the same 4runner SR5 wheels you have. I know you have 285/70/17 on yours and my concern is the width of the wheel vs. the tires recommended minimum width.

If you look at the BFG website they say this size tire should be on a 7.5"-9" wheel. These wheels are 7" wide, has it been an issue for you? any concerns with airing down too far and throwing a bead?

These tires are on my short list so I want to make sure I am all good!

Thanks in advance!
I have to admit that I didn't even realize there was any potential mismatch between the KO2s and the SR5 rims, and I'm not very experienced with aired-down tires. So I'm hoping someone with more experience/knowledge will chime in to share their thoughts with both of us!

That being said, I haven't had any issues whatsoever and the guys at America's Tire didn't bat an eye at mounting the tires for me. Not sure that has any relevance, but I would hope they would have recommended something else if it was a concern. Sorry I wasn't more helpful!

What motorcycle hauler is that? I need one.

Just got a 03 GX470 with just over 100k on the clock. The best part is "NO" nav, Mark L or KDSS in my mine!!!!

My Question is do I have an 8 ohm speaker system or not? I need to replace everything because it sounds like crap

Please help

16709560_1217163705057246_53429286_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom