120 Series General Tech and Classified (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked these up a couple weeks ago for momma

1222161904-1.jpg

I need to have them soda or media blasted and then decide if I'm just going to paint them or have them PC'd. She wants them just slightly darker than the factory wheels. Going for a gunmetal color.

Her new wheels will be wrapped in a set of 265/70R17 BFG KO2s. She really wants a set of the Ridge Grapplers, but they are too new to drop the coin on and be a bust. I know what I'm getting with the bfgs.

Also, what the hell is my Lexus hitch doing in a Toyota box....

1222161904a.jpg

I will open it up tomorrow and assess.

@BMThiker I was afraid of that. I was pondering trying some of that aerosol strippee, but knowing it is epoxy may make me rethink that.

Lexus = Toyota
Toyota = Lexus

Yeah I know, I just would have figured as proud as they are of that little "L" that they would stamp it all over everything.

FedEx delivered @Mrsjynx new shoes for the GX today. Now I just got to get those wheels cleaned up and ready to mount up. Will have to check with her and see if she wants them laces in or out

1223160927.jpg

1223160926.jpg

I love the smell of vulcanized rubber in the morning...

FJC wheels are 17"

What's wrong with the stock wheels?

Not a dang thing, she just liked the FJC wheels and we all know the rules.

What momma wants, momma gets!

Besides that, there are soo freakin' many white GX470s rolling around the area, we are trying to get a little distance between the soccer moms and her.

Lift and bumpers will happen eventually, but probably not for a year or 2.

What do you want for your GX wheels?

Hadn't really thought about it. Lemmie get the FJCs cleaned up and mounted and I'll holler at you.

Hitch... Check
1224161325a.jpg

Now I just need to call @beno after the holidays to see about getting the wiring harness pigtail for it and we will be good to go.

Interesting sidenote, all the hardware is 8.8. I guess I would have expected 10.9 for a hitch mount. But if Mr. T says it's good enough, I'm gonna roll with it.

Last edited:
Good call. I will hunt around tomorrow to see what I can find.

Ok, so does anyone have a link to a good YouTube vid or a solid write-up on doing the T-belt on the GX? Posted in main 120 forum, but for nothing so far. I downloaded some stuff off that paid server based toyota site, but was curious if anyone had a go to video or how-to that they had used.

I've done 2 v6 motors and suspect it is very similar. Mainly looking for tips or things to pay special attention to while I have it open. It is a vvti engine and have read some things that make me believe I need to take special care when putting it back together.

@dnp @offr0adlim0 thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2005 Fully loaded KDSS, Tan interior, ML, Nav, rear entertainment, tow package. 101k miles, Sport edition.

GULFPORT, Ms.

$13,500 firm.

New dash recently installed by Lexus

At 100k miles

The FULL Timing belt job was completed (yes full, not just the timing belt. EVERYTHING that consist of doing the job correctly. Toyota parts)

Radiator was replaced at the same time. It wasn't leaking enough to notice. Coolant crud was built up on one of the tanks. Pressure test revealed leak. Never over heated. Toyota coolant was used along with Koyo aftermarket oem replacement radiator.

Plugs were replaced using NGK.

Driveline service was done utilizing Mobil 1 fluids
Front, Xnsfer, rear diff

At the same time both front CV's were replaced as the old ones had torn inner boots.

Metal Tech rear spring conversion kit used.
FJ springs and 4R shocks from Toyota.
New front 4R shocks as well.
Pocket installed in center console in place of the shock dampening controls.

Has new remote and head sets for the entertainment system and everything works.

Stepped up a size on the tires. General Grabber AT2s installed @ 88k. Routinely rotated and air pressure properly kept.

New spare tire installed as well(not GB AT2 and factory size)

New TPMS sensors installed at same time as all tires.

New Lexus floor mats at 88k as well.

Oil changed always using Mobil 1 5W30 and using Yota D3 filter.

New wipers front and rear from Toyota.

New Hood shocks from Lexus

Battery replaced 1 year ago.

Tinted windows 1 year ago.

Key fob replaced.

The bad.
Both front door speakers are blown. Could send them out to get refoamed cheaper than new speakers

There are 2 rock chips in the new windshield. Both repaired to prevent spider cracking.

The driver mirror has some chipping paint.(may have this repainted this week depending how busy I am)

The rear bumper was backed into.
The reflector has been replaced and it doesn't stick out anywhere near as bad as it use to, to me. (The only accident it's been in since we've owned it. Someone backed into it while it was in a parking lot and left no info behind)

Only have 1 key.

Other than that it has it's normal wear, tear, and rock chips that a vehicle with 100k would have on it.

It will be due for an oil change real soon in which I will have performed when it is due.

Everything functions as it should. No warning lights on the dash.

Still financed through Keesler Federal Credit Union

Will make a solid platform for anyone wanting to build it up and will be driving maintenance free for another 100k for the most part.

Your gain my loss. Sure it won't last long.

image1.JPG

Last edited:
Replaced the uniballs in my Total Chaos uppers this weekend. Drives like a new truck again. I also opened up the door panels and covered all the door skins with sound deadener. Then replaced the stock 6x9 speakers with some Kickers. The factory speakers had the tiniest magnets I've ever seen (sorry no pic, but probably 1.5" diameter) - seriously each speaker in the mounting bracket weighed a few ounces.

I blasted the old snap rings and Kitty's going to turn them into earrings for somebody.
TC-uniballs.JPG

I have a Head racketball racket if anyone wants it. brand new. Must take delivery in Katemcy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom