$10k 97 Fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OUCH!

I needed to put on some shades because the paint job is so shiny! ;)

Looks really nice!

Mot :)

Congrats Chris. You have plans to mod it right away? First mods are always the CDL switch and cup holder you can get from eith Christo or Cruiser Dan.

Where are the floor mats? If using the magnet test use one of thoses flat soft ones made to attach ads to refrigerators. I always carry one in my wallet. Hope it's all OK - looks great.

hatfieldcb said:
OK. I did it. Pulled the trigger. I couldn't detect any body work. (Of course after IdahoDoug's post I will do some more inspecting).

So here it is. Pretty good, eh? 152,000 miles is a little more than I had wished, but for $10k? The dealer I bought it from was a little sheepish cause he didn't know what he had. He told me that a couple of times. Said he thought about telling people it was "sold" and then re-listing it next week for $12K. I feel lucky. :D

It runs great. Needs regular stuff, plugs, tranny flush/fill, radiator flush/fill. Some other minor stuff. Needs the front axle service. Maybe a PS pump. Maybe an oil pan gasket, hopefully not a rear main. :eek: The inside was well taken care of. I'm stoked!! ;p

Did you buy this in Elkins, WV. That's where I bought mine. John Jones, the owner of Autocrafters, deals only in 60 & 80 series Cruisers. He knows a good bit about them.

Congrats Chris!

I don't know what they are talking about CO having cheap 80s. All the cheap 80s I see are in Texas. I think you did pretty well. Also, I'm not partial to the red but it is cool to have red. I bet 90% of the wheeling 80s are white. I hate that mine is white now. I should have kept the silver/grey one.

General said:
Did you buy this in Elkins, WV. That's where I bought mine. John Jones, the owner of Autocrafters, deals only in 60 & 80 series Cruisers. He knows a good bit about them.

I'm pretty sure he bought it local in Colorado

swank60 said:
WTF is going on in the DFW area? How is it that I can't find a '96 for under $12k and you guys are picking them up for $7k in CO? That, and you guys have public land to play on...why do I live here?

:mad:
I don't know what you're talking about swank - I saw a ‘97 Collectors (Silver/Gray) with 144k and lockers go for $9.5k here in Austin the other day. You just need to keep your eyes peeled - I found you exactly the FJ80 you were looking for in all of 30 sec on Craigslist the other day.

I think you did great Chris - can't wait to wheel with ya again man, you're gonna love the 80! I'll miss seeing the pig though (doubt you'll bring her to Texas w/ an 80 in the garage) -

Tucker

I did buy it in Colorado through a broker in Englewood. He had taken it in trade from a lady who bought an '04 LX470 from him. Coincidentally, she lives in the same town I do, Parker. She was real good about servicing the cruiser. From the records it looks like she put synthetic oil in a couple of times, but now it's running regular 5W-30. I think I'll probably stick with that.

Congrats Chris
That's my favorite color!!!!!

Chris,
My god that's a big up from your 55?
What made you decide to " up grade "?
I've had my 60 for 18 years and I'm thinking of going 80. There are some advantages but I'm torn 'cause I can only have one or the other.

devo

devo said:
Chris,
My god that's a big up from your 55?
What made you decide to " up grade "?
I've had my 60 for 18 years and I'm thinking of going 80. There are some advantages but I'm torn 'cause I can only have one or the other.

devo

Still have the 55, for now. I "upgraded" from a '96 Pathfinder (which is for sale, BTW http://tinyurl.com/bla3v). I've been looking for months. We went for a brief drive in the mountains today and I enjoyed every minute of it. As far as advantges, some of that may be subjective and personal. The leather is nice. The car feels real "solid", more so than a 60 and I've owned two previously. This one's got the factory lockers, which is a real plus. Keep your eyes peeled and be patient. They're out there. :D

Nice.

Congrats on the new ride. :cool: I wanted to find a 95-97 but ended up with a 93. I like it a lot. I now have two. I plan on selling one as soon as I decide which one I want more. IMO the newer grille makes the 80 look like a mall crawler.

Congratulations on a nice ride. It really feels good when you finally get one eh?

Grouseman

Just bought one too

Hi,

I had the same questions popping in my head, what is too much mileage, is it too expensive,bla bla.

So I ended up choosing a dark grey 95 FZJ w/lockers and all options with nice leather and all and just over 160 000 miles. A bit high in my opinion but that is probably the best I could find living outside the US. Bought it for 9K but it is in super shape, not even one ding, garage kept pretty much all its life. The only problem is that I can only judge by looking at pics, and by the carfax. I have to have the truck shipped home and only then I will be able to tell the real deal.

The other 80s here are so overpriced here it is crazy. IMO 10,000 miles is probably worth around $1000 for the FZJ. So a perfect condition locked FZJ80 with 90,000 miles would probably sell for 15-16K. Would that sound right?

Ductape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom