100 Steering Rack, Shop Recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like I need to replace my rack.
Any shop suggestions in Santa Fe or Albuquerque?

is this on the 100 or the GX?

Gotcha. Time to update your signature line!! 😁

I just bought a 2011 4Runner that the PO always took to Japanese Car Care in ABQ. They said that Toyotas are their preferred brand and they would never up-sell things that weren't necessary.They would just fix what needed to be fixed. If you look at their website, all the photos have a Toyota in the background, including an FJ40 in one of them. I'm contemplating taking my '99 LC there for a new steering rack if @Mauser isn't willing to do it for me.

I just bought a 2011 4Runner that the PO always took to Japanese Car Care in ABQ. They said that Toyotas are their preferred brand and they would never up-sell things that weren't necessary.They would just fix what needed to be fixed. If you look at their website, all the photos have a Toyota in the background, including an FJ40 in one of them. I'm contemplating taking my '99 LC there for a new steering rack if @Mauser isn't willing to do it for me.
Good to know, thanks Marc.
How many miles on your 100?
I believe yours was the first in HDC.

I just had my steering rack replaced on my 99 LC at Adaptive Vehicle Solutions this summer.
Dominic searched extra hard to find me a NEW OEM unit, not a reman.
He did some other work on the front end as well.
So far I’m pleased with the parts used, service performed, attention to detail, and the pricing was more than fair compared to a dealership quote.
I’ll contact them again when I need more work done in the future.

Good to know, thanks Marc.
How many miles on your 100?
I believe yours was the first in HDC.
I think it was, way back in 2009. I got so much harassment and Grey Poupon jokes. It has a whopping 145K miles on it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom