100 Series LIVE FROM MOAB 09' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man Cruise Moab looks like it was made for Hundies..... :)

Will the rear bumper of Travis351 100 make it through the weekend?

Well it is still attached, but it is dinged up pretty good. Also suffered some flare damage and Zane noticed that the TJM/DR front fender are slightly relocated. I gave Cliff Hanger a run for it's money today and plan on taking off in the morning to miss the rain. More to come. Awesome event, but please do Cliff Hanger with 35's

I am saddened to report that the Florida Crew missed out on the Iron Butt award to a 1,900 mile trip from MI. We had the most mileage (2,500), but evidently if you tow the rigs, it doesn't count. You all know that the 100 would have been much more comfortable than a 4500 Chevy Kodiak with 23,000 lbs behind it. It's not like I shipped it out there and caught a limo from Salt Lake City airport.:rolleyes:

Anyone have an old back bumper taking up space in their garage?
4189_1054822496913_1416334506_30116887_4831572_n.jpg
4189_1054822536914_1416334506_30116888_7507808_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well it is still attached, but it is dinged up pretty good. Also suffered some flare damage and Zane noticed that the TJM/DR front fender are slightly relocated. I gave Cliff Hanger a run for it's money today and plan on taking off in the morning to miss the rain. More to come. Awesome event, but please do Cliff Hanger with 35's

I am saddened to report that the Florida Crew missed out on the Iron Butt award to a 1,900 mile trip from MI. We had the most mileage (2,500), but evidently if you tow the rigs, it doesn't count. You all know that the 100 would have been much more comfortable than a 4500 Chevy Kodiak with 23,000 lbs behind it. It's not like I shipped it out there and caught a limo from Salt Lake City airport.:rolleyes:

Anyone have an old back bumper taking up space in their garage?

Cliff Hanger in a 100 without a front locker and 295's - I'm impressed:clap:

The bumper needed to go anyway:D

If I had made it I'd have won iron glutius-maximus. Yo I've got a stock cover if you want it.

The pucker factor was RED on Cliff Hanger! We actually made it to the end and back without blowing out the front diff! The leader was excellent, the spotters were awesome. I just hope that someone got some good photos. I was sooo deep in consentration that I hardly got any.

Hang onto that bumper if you would loud. I may try to make a steel one, but if I don't I'd much rather just swap it out. I'll check in with you once I get back to FL. You definitely would have qualified for the Iron Ass award...driving out there twice. That would have been nuts.

We just crossed the Colorado in the Kodiak with 80 and 100 in tow. The rain is here. What an awesome week!

We (I was the only Hundy on this run today) did Steel Bender today and it was a blast. We had sun, clouds, rain, lightning, big wind, mud, wet rock, etc. We started a little after 9:00AM and finally got back to Moab a little after 6:00PM! It was kinda funny: I got several comments from this group how they thought Hundy's were only for mall errands; some of the wives said they never new a Hundy could wheel! Funny stuff those guys!

One guy cracked his rear axle housing and time was needed to get it welded shut; another...in an FJ Cruzer...bent his steering tie rod to 90 degrees.

But hats off to Robbie, Hants, John and all the other CM crew today for spotting, repairing and plain just having patience with the group and challenging weather.

This trail reminded me a little bit of Hole in the Rock: I'll do Steel Bender again someday!

Travis: Someone on the trail run today told us of a near stock Hundy that did Cliff Hanger!!! Although I haven't done it or seen it I've heard of its reputation. Anyway I asked them if the guy's name was "Travis from Florida" and they said "yes". I was stoked to hear you completed this trail! Congrats!!!

Dan

Well we are driving through the middle of Kansas right now! Man I had a blast. It was great to meet up with Travis, Spresso (Dan) and Farinvail. What an excellent group of 100 owners. I learned a ton from these guys this week and had one of the best times hanging out with them.

Farinvail gave me a new appreciation for 100 wheelin. Hells Gate is not for the faint of heart and he showed everyone that the 100 can hold its own on most any obstacle. Farnham, Thank you for the excellent spotting through Tip Over Challenge. I'm still waiting for my boys to drop after all of that.

Travis what can I say... This guy comes all the way from Key West, walks into cliff hanger and just amazes everyone with his rig and driving. I have to say I was impressed with his post carnage domineer. Talk about rollin with the punches..

Spresso has one tricked out rig and has by far one of the most modified and well thought out 100's I've seen. He sure knows how to wheel that thing. If you ever want to see a 100 do some unbelievable things watch the lines he picks. We had a blast going through Hells Revenge.

I have to also thank Christo Slee and his whole crew for all the help with my SWEET new belly pan i installed on the way out to Cruise Moab 09. Can’t thank those guys enough for their hospitality during our visit to their shop!

Hope to get video up soon!

Awesome! I don't need much more convincing to attend next year's event. :idea:

Great hanging with you guys. Got home a few hours ago. You guys are nuts posting while still on the drive home. Here's a few from Porcupine rim.
zane on porcupine.jpg
travis on porcupine.jpg
zane on porcupine2.jpg

A couple more. More to follow later in the evening. :steer: drive safe.
two hundred on porcupine.jpg
far on porcupine steps.jpg

Pics from Hells Revenge. Tip over Challenge.
zane on tipover.jpg
zane on tipoverclose.jpg
spresso on tipover.jpg

Wife get's some wheel time too. Elephant hill squeeze. SOB hill. Golden steps.

Get you spouse behind the wheel.:steer::princess:
squeeze.jpg
dee on sobhill.jpg
dee on goldenstairs.jpg

As I said earlier...I didn't get many pictures during Cliff Hanger, but here are the few that did somehow get onto my camera.

The first one is of the obstacle that bit my flare and back bumper. The second is a shot of an 80 doing it. He scraped too.

The last one is of my approach.
4189_1055767440536_1416334506_30118724_1088790_n.jpg
4189_1055767480537_1416334506_30118725_2064024_n.jpg
4189_1055767560539_1416334506_30118727_5330893_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom