100 series leather seat cover replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello club members,

I am not new to the forum but this is my first time post. I am wondering how are your experience regarding the leather seat cover replacement on 100 series.

I had 1998 LC with perfect leather seats but it was totaled by an accident. I wasn’t smart enough to take the seats out. Now I just purchased a 1999 LX 470 with terrible leather.

I have tried the Richmond upholstery from Houston. The color is slightly off but the it fits really tight. I am wondering if any member tried anywhere else.

Landcruiser seats are stitched different than LX seats, also colors between the 2 are different shades.
if you search this section, you will find several vendors
L seat
riddies?
Landcruiser heaven?

no experiance with any of them

Last edited:
Ridies makes some for the cruiser, but I am not positive on the LX. They have a thread in the 100 series section if you search them.

When it comes to seat covers the material used is usually directly related to the price.

General consensus on these forums
L Seats- most affordable but may not last as long
Land Cruiser Heaven - One of the higher quality options. I ordered my set 2 months ago and they are being shipped this week.

Plenty of other options in between. Even a few slip over covers that don't look all that bad
>>

I’m needing the same and am leaning towards Richmond upholstery in Houston.

I put LSeat leather in my 2004 LX and my 2000LC about 5 years ago (and did my son's 2000 4Runner last year). After about 4-5 years, I am seeing some wear (scuff marks, minor cracks, worn areas, etc.) on the LX and LC (note that we are hard on them), but they still look good in my opinion. I think in the next 2 to 3 years, I will probably see some minor tears and the skins will need replacing again. Regardless, for the money, I have been extremely pleased with LSeat and would buy from them again. They aren't perfect: the texture is a little different, some minor modifications were required to get everything to fit, and they are showing some minor wear (in my opinion, this is expected after 5 years or so).

Pretty good thread here on Lseat: Lseats - What's the Deal?? Very Disappointing. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lseats-whats-the-deal-very-disappointing.1049470/page-5#post-12127196

One suggestion when replacing the leather skins, you might consider replacing your seat bottom foam as well, at least on the driver's side. You can steam it and glue any tears and bring it back to life some, but a new seat bottom will make a big difference (the seat backs are abused as much). I didn't do this on the LC or LX, and wish I had. I replaced the seat bottom on my son's 4Runner (drivers side only), and it made a big difference (good investment if you are going to keep the truck).

Just my experience.

Ridies looks good, but pricier and might last a little longer?

I put LSeat leather in my 2004 LX and my 2000LC about 5 years ago (and did my son's 2000 4Runner last year). After about 4-5 years, I am seeing some wear (scuff marks, minor cracks, worn areas, etc.) on the LX and LC (note that we are hard on them), but they still look good in my opinion. I think in the next 2 to 3 years, I will probably see some minor tears and the skins will need replacing again. Regardless, for the money, I have been extremely pleased with LSeat and would buy from them again. They aren't perfect: the texture is a little different, some minor modifications were required to get everything to fit, and they are showing some minor wear (in my opinion, this is expected after 5 years or so).

Pretty good thread here on Lseat: Lseats - What's the Deal?? Very Disappointing. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lseats-whats-the-deal-very-disappointing.1049470/page-5#post-12127196

One suggestion when replacing the leather skins, you might consider replacing your seat bottom foam as well, at least on the driver's side. You can steam it and glue any tears and bring it back to life some, but a new seat bottom will make a big difference (the seat backs are abused as much). I didn't do this on the LC or LX, and wish I had. I replaced the seat bottom on my son's 4Runner (drivers side only), and it made a big difference (good investment if you are going to keep the truck).

Just my experience.

Ridies looks good, but pricier and might last a little longer?
When I did mine I had to order the seat cushion out of florida. They told me it was the last one in the US. Hope that isn't true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom