100 Series Grill Complete NOW AVAILABLE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Update. I will be posting these for sale here:
100 Series grill

Please be patient while I upload the current pictures, hopefully in the next couple weeks. I increased the hole size on the panels to increase air flow. Also, we made a honeycomb hole pattern that offers maximum airflow. These two new panels look better too.

Its been a TON of work, but its nearly complete. I have been working on a grill for the 100 for about 8 months now and finally, the 1st prototype grill is on my Land Cruiser. I have a few different emblem options for the grill panel, but currently all I have is the original emblem. I will be painting a two-tone grill soon too (color matched to the car). I think the two tone will be pretty cool. The grill panel is bolted on and could easily be a painted a second color. Let me know what you think, I am really excited and very pleased with the design!! :) This has been a fun project.

IMG_7300.JPG

IMG_7627.JPG

fullsizeoutput_32ed.jpeg

IMG_7636.JPG

Last edited:
Wow I really like that! How did you go about making it?? Judging from the 3rd pic it seems like the center piece sticks out a bit, how much do you think it sticks out from the front of the hood?

[Reserved for review]

Last edited:
Thank you very much!!

It does stick out, about an inch. I was trying to get a more aggressive look by creating a flat panel in the front. It also continues the body lines of the hood through the grill. Its made from 12 gauge cold rolled steel, all laser cut. My first one was with made with my jig saw in my garage, just to see if I could do it.

Looks mean, I like it!

I'd like to see it with Toyota spelled out too. I bet a light bar cutout would look good as well, maybe even just a single row.

Last edited:
Yes, I have 3 other emblem options. TRD, and two TOYOTA emblems, one off a 40 series that I will powder coat black and a smaller TOYOTA logo too, the current sombrero logo and a blank panel without a logo. Although, I will get so much crap from everyone because my TRD logo is in the center of the grill, but I like it there.:)

I though about light openings and a winch control opening but I haven't done anything like that yet. Good idea though.

x2 on light openings. Good way for us guys who are waiting on $$ for a sweet bumper. Love your color matched Green Dissent @kelly saad

Can you elaborate on the material of the grill? is it a two piece?

CLEEEEAAAAAN! Please tell me you're going to have the Toyota logo spelled out!

I'd like to see it with Toyota spelled out too. I bet a light bar cutout would look good as well, maybe even just a single row.

I'd like to see one for us LX guys to have instead of "TOYOTA", spell out "LEXUS" something different for sure but still pays homage to its roots.

Any plans on mass producing?? I think you have a real good product here. No options for mesh style grilles. Something like this would be cool. This is my old 5th gen with an FJ60 emblem.

View attachment 1398130
Thank you. I don't have any mesh options yet. If I can get enough people that want one of these then sure, I guess that would be mass producing. I was considering that emblem, and its probably the best choice. I currently have a 40 series emblem and a smaller one off a Camry I believe. We can adapt the panel easily to accommodate any emblem, I am narrowing down the options to about 4 or 5. Thanks for your input! And thats a sweet 4 Runner!

Can you elaborate on the material of the grill? is it a two piece?
Its all 12 gauge steel. Its a tank, I haven't weighed it yet but about 18lbs I would guess. I wanted it to be tough.

Will this fix an Lx?
No it won't fit the LX. I want to make an LX grill too but not sure if we will have time this year.

I'd like to see one for us LX guys to have instead of "TOYOTA", spell out "LEXUS" something different for sure but still pays homage to its roots.
Great idea. I will keep that in mind if we can get our hands on a Lexus to make a grill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see someone doing this!
Another vote here for TOYOTA spelled out on the grill.

Its all 12 gauge steel. Its a tank, I haven't weighed it yet but about 18lbs I would guess. I wanted it to be tough.

I like.... me want one with the full "TOYOTA" emblem off an FJ or others

I would like a simple one with toyota spelled out.
there are no aftermarket solutions for these things.

Glad to see someone doing this!
Another vote here for TOYOTA spelled out on the grill.
Thanks, we are working on TOYOTA logo today.

I am in with the full "TOYOTA" emblem. Do you have any idea of an estimated cost?
Haven't go that far yet as far as cost goes. I just wanted to see if anyone was interested. Trying to find a big TOYOTA emblem that flexible enough to bend isn't that easy. Or at least I'm not searching hard enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom