100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm right in the middle of the "refoamage" dilemma right now myself, because there are NO replacement speakers available for the Mark Levinson systems! I've called every dealer, installer, etc. I've been able to find, and it's the same story: "Nope, you gotta replace the ML speakers with factory ML speakers........" (or, in this case, refoam them)

As factory systems go, the ML in mine, sounds (sounded) pretty good, but as is also the case with factory systems, an aftermarket one for the option price of the ML would be absolutely STUNNING.

Val's ML in her GX has exactly the same problem (hers are door speakers and mine is the sub), and the place that seems to have the most options is www.SimplySpeakers.com

In Spivey's 2002 LC, I replaced the front door speakers with the MB Quart 6.5" Add-a-Woofer since the factory speakers were trashed. I didn't get the tweeters because the OEM tweets in the upper door were just fine. I plugged the Quarts into the factory wires and they sounded great. I'm sure it will be much more complicated with the ML system.

In Spivey's 2002 LC, I replaced the front door speakers with the MB Quart 6.5" Add-a-Woofer since the factory speakers were trashed. I didn't get the tweeters because the OEM tweets in the upper door were just fine. I plugged the Quarts into the factory wires and they sounded great. I'm sure it will be much more complicated with the ML system.
Yep, the sources have said that the ML speakers are either very low impedance (2 Ohm) or very high impedance (12 to 16 Ohm).....unfortunately, I have heard both claims, so I don't know which is true. Since I have seen 2 Ohm speakers over the years, I presume they must be high impedance

Yep, the sources have said that the ML speakers are either very low impedance (2 Ohm) or very high impedance (12 to 16 Ohm).....unfortunately, I have heard both claims, so I don't know which is true. Since I have seen 2 Ohm speakers over the years, I presume they must be high impedance

they've got medication for the low impedance.

Good point. I think the speakers I pulled out of the 100 were stamped 2 ohm. The MB Quarts are 4 ohm like most car audio. They aren't as efficient as 2 ohm so they can't play as loud as a 2 ohm with the same amp. Either way, they sounded a hell-of-a-lot better than the buzzing crappy old ones.

That is cool Garth. Very cool.

I think a solid axle 100 is very, very cool but I don't see an application for such a large truck with tires bigger than 35's. You can keep the IFS and run 35's. Anything bigger and you are trying to do things a truck that large does not need to be doing.

On the Toyota V8 in an 80.....that is damn cool, however if I were doing it I would get a 6.0 GM motor and have 2x the horsepower. I'm no purist :)

I need my arm rest and my heated seats. Mark will have a V8 in his 80 before anybody else in CLC. He has fxxxing everything on his truck.

Do you french kiss your mother with that mouth?

fo real, not only does he fly but he does Richard Pryor impressions also.
richard-pryor02.jpg

I hope he doesn't light himself on fire while smokin crack!

I have moved beyond crack. Cruisers only.

My speakers suck in my 100. But need a bumper first.
I should go back to crack it's cheaper.

Got a funny Richard Pryor and airplane story.
Has to be told over beer. Story was relayed to me
By Pryors pilot who now works at Fedex.

Has anyone done the DVD mod on their nav system? The mod allows you to watch DVD's on the nav screen while traveling. Mine was done when I bought the truck but I had a guy ask me how to do it.

I had a line on one...and it fell through.

Anyone see any deals out there?

I need to keep it under 20K and would like to be real close to 100K miles or less.

As you said earlier, let gas hover above $3. There will be deals to be had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom