100 Series General Tech and Classifieds

My window motor switches are getting tired and I need cabin air filters.

who is the best parts guy (local to Jackson area) or online that yall are currently using?

Flipped Bezel

SILVER Star
I buy all my cabin air filters from filterheads.com. website online. They are not OEM (or Denso equivalent) but are of similar quality when compared side by side with them.

Can get 3 sets shipped to your door right now for under $55 and be all set for a couple years or so. They also offer free shipping with no minimum order amount.

AQ1117 Cabin Air Filter - Particulate Media 3PK - Buy 2, Get 1 Free!

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Clean and lube (3M dry lube) your tracks for windows
^THIS^ I've had door lock actuators in 100s get sluggish / go bad before, but never windows. Like JB said, if you'll lube the tracks, it'll most likely cure it (assuming that by saying "window motor switches" you mean they're operating slowly. If you mean they're not operating at all, you can order aftermarket switches that work well.)

Awesome, thanks for the tips and products gents. Motors work but are slow and you can hear the gear "whirring" like it's straining. The passenger front window won't move at the door but will from driver master switch so I'll check ground, wiring, on that one.

Hopefully I can get to this stuff this weekend.

I'm also planning to tackle the sunroof this spring. If anyone happens on a complete sunroof kit in a trashed 100 and/or the metal chains that tend to rust out due to the drains clogging let me know. I plan to tackle this before "Sunroof season". I need to start watching the pull apart lots to see if a 100 arrives.

@Bomar and @dnp ...With the 3M Dry Type Lubricant, do you remove the inner door panels or can you effectively lube the tracks by applying from top-down through the seals?

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Just bought some dry lube, thanks for the tip. Will be applying this to every vehicle in the fleet.

My sunroof started jamming up/acting a few months ago - anybody had that happen? It will make a noise if I try and tilt up or slide backwards like its moving just a little, but won't go forward or down. Got any dry lube for that?

Top Bottom