100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just bought some dry lube, thanks for the tip. Will be applying this to every vehicle in the fleet.

My sunroof started jamming up/acting a few months ago - anybody had that happen? It will make a noise if I try and tilt up or slide backwards like its moving just a little, but won't go forward or down. Got any dry lube for that?

If you could set up your 100 series roof again how would you do it?

I'm leaning heavily towards a GOBI roof rack as I plan to get a storage box from @wngrog saturday and it has cross bars where I never have to remove it. My use will be several trips per year to ARK or AL and a summer beach trip. I'm not planning a roof top tent so the rack will be mainly storage boxes, firewood, fuel, etc.

It looks great, can accept many attachment tools on the sides (shovel, ax, etc for that special poser look).

It is spendy but I see it as a long term investment considering I now have 2 hundos and plan to buy another in the next few years so it would be transferable.

Thoughts?

If you could set up your 100 series roof again how would you do it?

I'm leaning heavily towards a GOBI roof rack as I plan to get a storage box from @wngrog saturday and it has cross bars where I never have to remove it. My use will be several trips per year to ARK or AL and a summer beach trip. I'm not planning a roof top tent so the rack will be mainly storage boxes, firewood, fuel, etc.

It looks great, can accept many attachment tools on the sides (shovel, ax, etc for that special poser look).

It is spendy but I see it as a long term investment considering I now have 2 hundos and plan to buy another in the next few years so it would be transferable.

Thoughts?

Hard to beat a front runner in my opinion especially if you want all the extra goodies and accessories they offer.

Not mine but listing for a friend who is not on MUD. He bought a 100 series (from one of Nolen’s good friends) for his new driver son that came with these trekboxx drawers.
Long story short: son totaled car and he was smart enough to yank the Drawer system before the insurance company totaled it.

I think these are well over 3k new. He is asking 1250. I haven’t seen them in person but I think Nolen helped install them. If you are interested let me know and I’ll put you in contact with the owner.

I doubt he is willing to ship so local pickup only.

Thanks
B61B926E-D384-4E51-99C5-FE34D6FFEA3E.jpeg

797BA2D7-1960-4B7F-9B5E-7AD000D94095.jpeg

8E7179F2-50B8-49EA-8773-5745DDF6C326.jpeg

story gets better they didn't have the hex head key to lower the spare on the 100 in the tool bag... I may have been pissed at this point, cut the spare tire cable to drop the spare, get it lifted and went to put it on....BOOM 6 lug spare on top of that sh** show.... in short yes very much haha

Installed the 80 spare lift I had hanging around for my new spare from @dnp ... great hack for anybody that may have one of these hanging around. The 80 lift doesn't need the hex adapter just the regular jack rod...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Diagnosis help

I'm getting a vibration between 55-65. It seems to be the front end. If I let off the accelerator is increases slightly. I've read all the threads on harmonic reasonators (the funny hockey puck removed with every slider install), and checked wheel balance, just did some intake manifold work (not resonance there).

Because this gets worse when I let off the gas I am wondering if my drive shaft is misaligned. I've read that u joints that are overly greased or are not all replaced at the same time can "off center" the shaft.

100's are very sensitive to lifts but this one was done right and CVs have been redone so I don't think it's at the wheel.

Any thoughts? I'm going to check front and rear shafts for dings and play but what else sounds like it could cause these symptoms? It's not super loud, but it's a steady pulsating vibration that I'd rather not have.

I'd check tie rods & other alignment adjustments. If you jack one wheel off the ground and try to move the wheel, do you get any play? Grab 9 & 3 o'clock positions and rock back and forth. Do same for 12 & 6 positions.

Diagnosis help

I'm getting a vibration between 55-65. It seems to be the front end. If I let off the accelerator is increases slightly. I've read all the threads on harmonic reasonators (the funny hockey puck removed with every slider install), and checked wheel balance, just did some intake manifold work (not resonance there).

Because this gets worse when I let off the gas I am wondering if my drive shaft is misaligned. I've read that u joints that are overly greased or are not all replaced at the same time can "off center" the shaft.

100's are very sensitive to lifts but this one was done right and CVs have been redone so I don't think it's at the wheel.

Any thoughts? I'm going to check front and rear shafts for dings and play but what else sounds like it could cause these symptoms? It's not super loud, but it's a steady pulsating vibration that I'd rather not have.

Shush man that sounds a lot like a pretty common issue in a lifted 100. Resonance of some sort that feels like it’s coming from the drivetrain? Tons of people have reported it. My 2006 definitely had it. Used to drive me crazy. Replaced the rear shaft. New ujoints nothing. Mine was between 68-75.

Shush man that sounds a lot like a pretty common issue in a lifted 100. Resonance of some sort that feels like it’s coming from the drivetrain? Tons of people have reported it. My 2006 definitely had it. Used to drive me crazy. Replaced the rear shaft. New ujoints nothing. Mine was between 68-75.
In summary - ditch the 100 and get a 200.

Bhahahah.

I don’t have these issues with either of my 100s
^^THIS^^ If I were to guess, I'd say the front replacement CVs are not OEM. I talked with Slee way back before my first 100 lift, and they said the major source of vibrations in 100s, post-lift, is from non-OEM front CV axles.

Just another opinion............

^^THIS^^ If I were to guess, I'd say the front replacement CVs are not OEM. I talked with Slee way back before my first 100 lift, and they said the major source of vibrations in 100s, post-lift, is from non-OEM front CV axles.

Just another opinion............

I thought that too. But i had all new front end. OEM CVs, bearings, even new drive flanges. Still there. Can think of a half dozen people i talked to in CO over the years that had the same issue.

I'm not saying that's what this is. I'm just saying it's not terribly uncommon in a 100.

I thought that too. But i had all new front end. OEM CVs, bearings, even new drive flanges. Still there. Can think of a half dozen people i talked to in CO over the years that had the same issue.

I'm not saying that's what this is. I'm just saying it's not terribly uncommon in a 100.
Yeah, it's funny, because I've never used OEM CVs, and I've never had vibrations........:) I've also been told the needle bearings in the sides of the front diff and the needle bearings / bronze bushings in the spindles can be sources too. I'm assuming those were all replaced on yours, as well, so that would also contradict those suggestions

Finally a secure option for the 100. Seems to be well made and well designed. On the top of my list if my 100 sticks around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom