10.5" front axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
For the Toyota purists out there... here is the 10.5" front axle that is used in many heavy Toyota trucks. After looking at various seals and bearings, I suspect the axle shafts and outer stubs match the diameter of the Tundra rear 10.5" at 1.45x". The CV Joint diameter is unknown. Disc and drum versions have been produced. Axle ratios include a 4.88, a 5.57, and something in the 6.xx range. Diff is a 4 pinion, unlike the two pin Tundra. The real draw here is those massive closed knuckles with hopefully massive CV joints.
Dyna10.5front2.png
dyna10.5front.jpg

Are you going to do a different housing and use it as a front?

I have some of these located, but have not yet purchased. A different housing is probably a good idea for a Land Cruiser.... though shoving one under the front of a Hino 155 Double Cab would also be fun.

Looks she'll bolt right in. lol!

I understand, though, it would make the option of upgrading and using tundra axles more appealing.

I'm curious what you figure the price point would be for a set of the front steering toyota axles would be, the problem with 14 bolts is the cost gets huge quickly, and they may be a good alternative, and way to keep things toyota.

What costs get huge on a 14 bolt?

I only mentioned it as a frame of reference of someone who might have insight, not that it's new.

Good to know. I'm starting to think a tundra axle with 80 series outers and RCV shafts/birfs would be a decent front end upgrade, the 4.3 ratio would match a 14 bolt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom