Worst Mod you have every done: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jto's crappy ass pinnacle springs that they won't back up.

my worst mod ever was before my cruiser days. i had a full size truck on 1 tons and 38" swampers. found a set of rockwells and 44s for it so i pulled out all the 1 ton stuff (which worked perfect), fabbed up a bunch of stuff, mounted the rockwells and the truck never worked the same again. the springs were way too stiff and i snapped the rockwell shafts way too easy. never again. :censor:

like mine did? :D
IMG_1983.JPG
tradeshowman said:
not me but p/o put two sun roofs on the 78-40.they have always been
a large PITA.....

You snapped the 2 and a half ton rockwell shafts with 44's....I call BS

have you ever seen a rockwell shaft? they're not that big compared to the rest of the axle assembly.

and you've got some balls to call me a BSer.

fwiw, one time i broke a rear was at mud-n-yer-eye in hollister. it's a cruiser event so i'm sure somebody on here remembers it. i still took it all the way thru the mud pit. guess the BB helped, or maybe it did'nt.

we used the outer half of the snapped shaft as an ash tray in the shop for a few year, lost it when i moved.

kinda' like that...alittle more finished...still a PITA---leaks ect..
they open to let in air so naturaly one of my daughters opened one
going down the road and---there it went crashin'to the side of the highway in pieces..

For me it was the LCAH shackle reverse kit - DAMN ROCK FINDERS! :mad:

Dana 18 with O'brien gears 4.86:1 reduction $2200... gears broke, should have got an atlas.

wanabecruisen said:
For me it was the LCAH shackle reverse kit - DAMN ROCK FINDERS! :mad:

Agreed, they suck.

cruiser ken said:
Dana 18 with O'brien gears 4.86:1 reduction $2200... gears broke, should have got an atlas.

now that sawks! :mad:

yea, mine were just holes, i put some alu plate over them and screwed them in, and sealed them up tight.
Shaen

ridgerunner said:
laughing.gif
Too funny Georg!

I think the worst mod I did was a 350/h42 combo. Not enough torque to play in the rocks with.

snailwagon said:
Jto's rear disc brake brackets. They would never acknowledge the fact that the sent me a pair with fxxxed up caliper bolt spacing. I hate them and wish only jeepful things upon them.

I went with their brackets, and didn't have any problems. I hear alot of negative about them, but never an issue for me, I never had any issues with M-A-F come to think of it. Not trying to pimp their stuff, just stating I never had any issues.

On topic though. Custom roof rack would be my worst mod. Not that the rack was crafted bad, quite the opposite. Problem for me was I went soft top, and had no use for it. It is still in my back yard to this day collecting rust. Should have spent that $$ on a front locker. But hindsight is 20/20.

After that would be my experiment with Fuel Injection. I think I had pix here or on Pirate. I tried Holley Pro-Jection on an Offenhauser intake. Theory was sound, But I couldn't tune it to save my ass. Actually it ran great for a while, then suddenly it went to poop! running the Weber 38DGAS now, again. I am sure I have done other things I wish I hadn't, but nothing that stands out.

Any thoughts on making this a Sticky?

Reactions: SMG
green73 said:
I went with their brackets, and didn't have any problems. I hear alot of negative about them, but never an issue for me, I never had any issues with M-A-F come to think of it. Not trying to pimp their stuff, just stating I never had any issues.

On topic though. Custom roof rack would be my worst mod. Not that the rack was crafted bad, quite the opposite. Problem for me was I went soft top, and had no use for it. It is still in my back yard to this day collecting rust. Should have spent that $$ on a front locker. But hindsight is 20/20.

After that would be my experiment with Fuel Injection. I think I had pix here or on Pirate. I tried Holley Pro-Jection on an Offenhauser intake. Theory was sound, But I couldn't tune it to save my ass. Actually it ran great for a while, then suddenly it went to poop! running the Weber 38DGAS now, again. I am sure I have done other things I wish I hadn't, but nothing that stands out.
Are you intrested in selling that roof rack? :D post a pic and let me know. I've been looking for one. Thanks, Greg

POS Rancho leaf springs. :flipoff2: 3 slabs of 3/4"-thick steel that make me daydream of my pending SOA.

i'm not a big fan of headers in anything but a drag car. enough said.

Provided flange and head is milled flat headers will seal very well. Have never had a header leak on the cruiser, however, I also believe it's easier to seal a small block than it is an F or 2F just because of the mounting design.

Worst mod ... this isn't one of those "I wish I hadn't" but instead one of those "if I do this again". I really love the engine I'm running now but next one will be a turbodiesel.

this sticker that stuck like crazy so i had to get a razor to get it off....took forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom