Wagonracks 80 Series Barrier New Version (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Just wanted to let you guys know of a new offering from Wagonracks. Thanks for the bandwidth, let me know if you have any questions.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandis...rest-up-barrier-only-version.html#post5423862

Thanks,

Noah
Wagonracks.com
03.10 borrego shooting 012.jpg

Very cool design! Looks really solid. A couple options that might be nice would be a fire extinguisher or CO2 mounting plate and a first aid kit bin/pocket.

FYI, if you want to cover up the two holes that remain after removing the third row grab handles, order two of the same plugs that are used for the same purpose above the driver's door (you can see them in this pic).

Keep up the nice work!

Or is it possible to use the grab handles as well. I understand they wouldnt be used by passengers in the rear row (unless your kids are that unruly), but the grab handles do have their other purposes. If one really wants to be cool (ba dum tshh) you can place plexiglass on the rack to keep the cold air in the passenger area of the cabin as well.

you could probably use the grab handles still, have not tried it yet, they may sit a bit cockeyed as the rear part of the rack tab would have to go under the handle. An even slicker solution would be to machine trim off a bit of the rear handle, about the thickness of the mounting tab, then it would all fit together snug and as OEM would be.

Noah

As the proud new owner of the rack I must say it is really well done. Noah was great to work with, offering me custom options to the base divider he uses with his rack system. I have two large dogs and wanted something that would keep 160+ pounds in the back seat without blocking my vision any more than need be. The bars are the prefect application and Noah even worked an amp mount into the dead space between the rack and the 2nd row seats so it no longer takes up floor space. For me this is the perfect alternative to the high priced Miford and the cheap pet store barrier that wouldn't stop the taco bell dog from landing on the child seat in the second row if I stopped short. If anyone wants for pics just let me know....

Nice! I like this one since you can still slide a surfboard in between the cross bars if you take the passenger side headrests off... I might have to pick one of those up from you when I move back to SD in a couple of months.

just tried the surfboard trick and it slides between the headrests easily as well.

may not even need the roof racks now...

You could just wrap some pipe foam on the upper and lower bars where the board sits & use vertically placed zip ties to keep it from moving side to side & from sliding too far forward and hitting the windshield.

I like your set-up but would prefer a round tube set-up to eliminate the 90 degree angles that could cause some dog injury on a quick stop. Does Noah not have a bender?

Anyway, I will have to have him make something for me when I get back.

Have fun flying the Cobra!

I have seen this barrier in person and it is very nice and well thought out. And as for adding a CO2 or Fire Extinguisher to it just pick-up some of the clamps that are offered for roof rack applications. Should be easy for the average Joe to mod an attachment.

Price?

It would be great if the legs were hinged so it could fold down flat allowing the use of the entire cargo and middle seats area. I would buy one if it was a permanent mount. :cheers:

It would be great if the legs were hinged so it could fold down flat allowing the use of the entire cargo and middle seats area. I would buy one if it was a permanent mount. :cheers:

if it is possible, I can make it your specs, custom changes are not a problem......

It is a permanent mount, you just can use the bolts instead of the hand screws, really just depends on how often you plan to take it out. If you plan to keep it in, I can include SS allen head bolts for all four mounting corners.

Noah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom