Project D-MAX FJ6.6 begins... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife is going to kill me!!

Well after a fair amount of research and a good amount of luck. I have jumped off the deep end again. I scored a 6.6 Duramax, tranny and case with complete harness and goodies. So I guess my wife is going to kill me when she hears what I am going to do. So let's not tell her just yet please! :D My favorite engine supplier is hooking me up for being a good customer!

Here is a link to give you an idea of where this is going.

1965 Chevy Impala SS Duramax - Diesel Power Magazine

and here is how it did:

YouTube - Diesel Impala Smoke a Lamborghini

But in a cruiser of course!

I will have to clear my schedule out. and get a bigger garage!
0707dp_04_z+1965_chevy_impala_ss_duramax+engine.jpg

Last edited:
holy crap. Please document this as well as your other threads.

whaaaaaa! man that should be sweet. More pics to come i hope!

OK so here is the plan:

I will install the 6.6 Duramax with the allison tranny. The transfercase may be swapped out for an Atlas. Not sure yet.

Either way the axles will need some serious work. Also since I am going to graft in the engine/tranny it so it's no big deal.

May need a body lift for the tranny clearance. But SOA IS A MUST!

Anyone got an idea for ECU programming?? I have read a few out there but still getting into this one.

I will be able to get the measurements of the total combo later in the week first part of next. They are getting ready to pull it. :clap:

Thinking of going OME heavys with an add a leaf. I don't have curb weight of the combo but it is heavy! Any suggestions from the suspension experts will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Wooooooohooo !

Big torque engine in a 60 series .. damn !

But which axles you gonna run .. ? ( or at least rear centered )

So I guess my wife is going to kill me when she hears what I am going to do. So let's not tell her just yet please!

HA! - Like she does not know already!! :D:D They always know!

I know of a nice SOA FJ60 in austin that has your name on it! Would that fit in a FJ40? :D

Yeah! You are going to need a bigger garage....with a bedroom!

Thinking of a Chevy 14 bolt or a Ford 9 ". I have the 14 Bolt already with Mossier axles. I may need to think on that real hard. But either way I know of a sprung over truck that will need an engine. First I got to tell the wife:eek:

Still going to need to find a bunch of stuff but from all the looking I have been doing I think we can make it fit without to much hassle. :hmm:

I told you that I needed to give Global Explorer a run for the money!!

rack and pinion setup? and what happened to a 4.5?.... bastard guess ill do that one then.

Here is another board im on as well has all the information you could ever want to know about a chevy Diesel check there lots of ideas and solutions for more power, programing, things to look out for ect. Diesel Place - Duramax Diesel Discussion Forums

So the funny thing is .. I watched the episode of PIMP MY RIDE that they did that Impala to. It was way over the top, it also runs on bio-deisel. WOW was all I could say and laughed the whole time.

OMG, you're finally actually doing this. BADASS!!!

R&D truck

Do you want to ty it out in the GR8 White Hope?:)

I sure would hate to tear up such a nice cruiser! I sure wouldn't mind a clean truck like that though. I don't think that you want a one of a kind 6.6 D-MAX 60?! Besides you want to drive it some day soon. This conversion will take me a while. Since I have comitted to other peoples projects mine will have to be the back burner rig.

And yes Mr. Zero I am doing it. I couldn't pass on this one. Besides I figure it will make for one hell of a thread and center piece for the 60's series truck. There are companies doing this conversions on the hummers and the price starts @ 40K. Me I am doing it to be the biggest and the best out there.

I got to live up to the name!

Also I need to name this Project...

How about Rudolf (Diesel) or S.S. Dresden (the ship Diesel disappeared from, found drown 10 days later) or Black Smoker.... RoverKill

Last edited:
Diesel Valdez..............

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom