Another FJ62 Engine swap for Randy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Well...Randy is going to have his hands full. I just dropped of my wife's FJ62 off at his house, and he is going to put a new engine in it. None of that Vortec stuff for this cruiser, "Blue Bell" is getting another 3FE engine - freshly pulled from Scott's FJ62/Vortec conversion.

I had just picked up this truck a few weeks ago, and the engine had a knock...that turned out to be a lot worse than I though. :frown:

Original Thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=186940
bb.jpg

Any work-over of the new engine? Or simply replanting?

Cleaning it up and doing minor mods to insure the tranny, engine and the truck run another 200,000. Oh and of course it will be nice and neat for a quick swap. It really sucks only having one vehicle so I figured I could get him out of the dog house.:grinpimp: And I am sure the CFO will agree with me.

Cleaning it up and doing minor mods to insure the tranny, engine and the truck run another 200,000. Oh and of course it will be nice and neat for a quick swap. It really sucks only having one vehicle so I figured I could get him out of the dog house.:grinpimp: And I am sure the CFO will agree with me.

Please keep the pics coming....

I can't wait to see them!

Well here is the engine before I get it cleaned up. I think I will go ahead and port the heads and clean up the intake runners before we put it in. Just to see if it makes a difference.
mmw1.JPG
mmw2.JPG

If you're going to pull the head for porting might as well shave it a little for a small compression bump, swap in a hotter cam and upgrade the exhaust from the manifolds back. The 3FE responds really well to this :D

Even if you just port the head it's worth having the injectors rebuilt and balanced if for nothing else to make sure that none of them are leaking.

Randy, I have a spare set of injectors - we could hot shot these off to be cleaned and swap them in. It made a huge difference in my last FJ62.

Poser shot of that truck...and a plug for everyone to come to the LSLC round up this year in March! Shot taken at roundup a few years back.
fj62_posershot.jpg

Injectors are being sent out. Would love to do a cam and deck the head but I am under a time crunch for ML and to get Mark's up and running. It alway's seems to be that way though.

Randy, I have a spare set of injectors - we could hot shot these off to be cleaned and swap them in. It made a huge difference in my last FJ62.

Poser shot of that truck...and a plug for everyone to come to the LSLC round up this year in March! Shot taken at roundup a few years back.

i plan on making it this year so that means everyone else should too!!!

Injectors are being sent out. Would love to do a cam and deck the head but I am under a time crunch for ML and to get Mark's up and running. It alway's seems to be that way though.

hey why u on the computer? dont you have an engine to swap?.....

I am making progress. Well a little. Just trying to keep everyone posted. Why are you are on the computer? Don't you need to spend time with your girlfriend?:grinpimp::flipoff2:

I am making progress. Well a little. Just trying to keep everyone posted. Why are you are on the computer? Don't you need to spend time with your girlfriend?:grinpimp::flipoff2:

i did twice last night. 5 minutes after i got here and then 5 minutes after we got back from a party last night;)...
now im here bored and miss my big screen and DVR. (she is cleaning and aparently i just got suckered into helping...)
we gonna catch a movie then she has a soriety thing tonight.

Oh.... soriety girls...when? where? :D

Randy - I've spent the last few hours loading up the truck with some of my spare 3FE parts and fluids and oil for the swap. Headed your way first thing in the am.
parts2.jpg
parts11.jpg

I have the block tore down and cleaning it up. The head is almost done and I will start tearing down the front end of the truck here in a little bit. Hey now I am making progress!!:grinpimp:

Get you some pic's so you can see what a disaster you will be walking into in the morning.

Tell the wife your going to be working, and won't be home till late, unless you want to bring the gang?

INSTRUCTION MANUAL???!!! I Don't know how to read:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Beer :beer: breakfast of champions. I do plan to stop at that Colachie place. I did pack the Factory Service Manual. I can't read either, but we can look at the pretty pictures. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom