Yet another rear bumper design? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what do you all think? (asbestos suit on)

WIP...

jC

Last edited:
very nice and clean, no taillight protection is the only thing I could damage

strong work

It ain't going to do you any good until you quit fawking around and put the motor in it. :flipoff2:

:D Understood! Actually, it's two different projects. I was just using the frame for mock-up purposes. If the guys at Marlin would ever get me all the parts for the toybox, I could place the driveline and get the frame back to the body shop.

jC

"fawking around" is my middle name......

No flame suit needed on that. Damn nice job but where is the ice chest with the beer going to be.

Really nice design.

Has the tub been tried on with the bumper? It's probably just the angle of the view but it looks like the tub will be tight up against the bumper to me.

What thickness material are you using for the shackle bracket?

attachment.php

What year is the 109?

DAMN nice work.. wouldnt mind having one of those myself!

Looks great. How much? Make some.

Later,

Good job, looking good.
Did you use bearings on the hinge or not? I’ve been thinking of doing something similar. But can’t find (have not looked either) bearings or bushings for the hinge. With a tire and a couple of jerry cans hanging on it I think its going to be heavy without bearings or it least bushings.

IMO

Jakes40 said:

I’ve been thinking of doing something similar. But can’t find (have not looked either) bearings or bushings for the hinge.

Try Slee off road in their DIY section, nice spindle.

What thickness material are you using for the shackle bracket?

What year is the 109?

The shackle brackets and spindle/bushings came from IPOR. The base is 2.5 inch .250 walled square tube. The round stuff is 1.75x.120 walled DOM. I hope to make the cooler basket removable, but I'm still scratching my head on that one. All parts were testfit on a truck with body, so clearance is not an issue.

The truck in the background is a 1957 Land Rover 107" stationwagon. (one of a dozen or so thought to exist in country)

As for making more, I can never seem to get it done. Once I add up materials and time, it becomes cost prohibitive.

jC

Jim - Rear tire carrier looks really good. As I'm getting close to having mine back on the road, I'll probably just purchase a carrier from one of the catalog companies, but your looks very stout. Nice job. Is that the dark green FJ40 that I stopped by to look at the hard top?

The very same... It's finally starting to come back together. I hope to place the drivetrain in the next week or two. After that, the chassis goes back to the bodyshop for paint.

After building one, I can respect the prices that the catalog companies charge.

The shackle brackets and spindle/bushings came from IPOR

OK.....

What thickness material are the shackle brackets?

Are they 1” thick solid steel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom