1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is there a such thing as a "special edition"?

did they ever come with forward-facing rear seats?

how about 3 windshield wipers?

I think it was the '83+ 40's (bj's). I know you will get exact answers to this one soon.

steering wheel is on the right side (wrong side).. it's posted on an auction site

I think they all came in rhd w/ 3 wipers, the brown & white zebra seats, forward facing rear seats, and I can't remember what else. I think they had them in 82 & 83, but I'm not exactly sure. I've seen one in person at the globalclassicimports holding area in Thomasville, GA. Really nice rig.

sj

I have a 83 BJ42 LX from AUS and from what I know the LX came with the forward facing rear seats, sliding side windows, no rollbar, no windshield hold-downs on hood, 3 wipers, and an upgraded interior of plastic walls. I believe this LX option was only available in AUS? I have seen this package also on FJ40's from AUS but mostly on BJ42's.

Roberto

Legendary landcruisers

I wanna say Marv descirbes LX version 40 on that video (DVD)...He mentions the limited edition stuff (three wipers, etc)

It's a neat DVD if you haven't seen it before.

The LX came with forward facing rear seats, lots of plastic trim and three wipers. I've only ever seen 1982s but there were likely 83s and 84s as well. All I have ever seen were RHD and in Australia.

Oh and the odd LHD has three wipers too (other than the FJ cruiser):grinpimp:
AO KOOTENEYSs.JPG

is it yellow? there was one in a thread a while back that was for sale in AU,
i'll see if I can dig it up

Hi All:

A Land Cruiser book I read had a re-print of an Aussie auto magazine test drive of the BJ42 VX (or LX?)

Like you mentioned, it has three windshield wipers, and forward-facing rear seats. I want to say that it was a 1984 model, but I could (probably am) be wrong on that.

Regards,

Alan

yep... plenty of them in Aus.

as mentioned, lots of plastic.

The LX ran from 82 to 85 and came in the FJ and BJ series. You could get them with the H41 of H55 transmission. They quite a few things on them the non LX models did not get:
- 3 wipers on the front screen
- sliding rear windows full size
- Factory 6 seater with all out board seats getting lap sash retractable seat belts
- rear seat is a 2/3, 1/3 with the 2/3 folding fwd and the 1/3 folding fwd and then up against the side
- factory, tacho, dash clock common in most later 40 series
- factory integrated air con (not under dash like some)
- interior trim was usually brown and white, plastic trim around the rear and sides
- 2nd internal light at rear

Last edited:
The LX came with forward facing rear seats, lots of plastic trim and three wipers. I've only ever seen 1982s but there were likely 83s and 84s as well. All I have ever seen were RHD and in Australia.

That is a sweet looking rig! What color is that???? I like it!

At first when i saw this truck i thought it was another "custom" cruiser.. thanks for the facts, you've added another rare cruiser to my "when i get some money"-wish list..

interesting note on the LX, they go the the (83+) dash 1-2 years before the standard 4X did.

I've never seen turn signals that mounted like that. I wonder if they are still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom