wonder why the 100 a/c fan is making a weird noise... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
could it be a bit of dirt? :D

(never mind the focus, tele lens...)
EFM_2640.jpg
EFM_2641.jpg

I hate to see mine. That's a good PM item though!

could it be a bit of dirt? :D

(never mind the focus, tele lens...)

How did you go about checking that? Any insights on how you took it off and had a look? Curious. Thanks

that has got to be the easiest thing to do on the truck. I was bracing myself for taking off the dash and all, but nope. You can have the blower out as you see it above in, lesseee, literally 30 secs if you have the tools ready. 2 mins if you need to go find the right wrench and star bit.
Now the full housing OTOH looks a bit more time consuming and may need some dash removal, not sure.

For the blower above, look up from the passenger footwell, it's right there. One connector off, 3 screws and it comes right off downward. No need to take anything else off. Needs only a minor bit of lying down contortionism with the sill digging in your back.

(all for an 03)

now that it's reasonably clean (I vacuumed the housing as much as I could), I may do the cleaner / Lysol spray in the intake bit as I did on the 80. Gotta help a bit with any gunk on the evap too. And makes the truck smell minty fresh... :)

that has got to be the easiest thing to do on the truck. I was bracing myself for taking off the dash and all, but nope. You can have the blower out as you see it above in, lesseee, literally 30 secs if you have the tools ready. 2 mins if you need to go find the right wrench and star bit.
Now the full housing otoh looks a bit more time consuming and may need some dash removal, not sure.

For the blower above, look up from the passenger footwell, it's right there. One connector off, 3 screws and it comes right off downward. No need to take anything else off. Needs only a minor bit of lying down
contortionism with the sill digging in your back.

(all for an 03)

thanks very much for your insights. Much appreciated. Mike

If you really want to get rid of the funk after you remove the debris do this:

snip

yup, conceivably that'll do a better job but not as easy as squirting it in the intake, which is probably good enough for most situations. do you have to drill a hole for yours?

That system is super simple... no holes to drill. This is what Toyota uses in their AC cleaning services.

The large can is for the evap. Remove your belly pan and locate the evap drain. Attach the nozzle and spray about half a can in the drain. It reaches the core and creates a foam which drains out. After about 10 minutes repeat.

The small can is for the intake side. Run the AC at full tilt on various vents with outside air mode and spray the small can contents into the AC intake on the outside of car.

Start to finish about 40 minutes. It really works well. I also installed fresh cabin air filters.

Dude, is that a skull?

That system is super simple... no holes to drill. This is what Toyota uses in their AC cleaning services.

The large can is for the evap. Remove your belly pan and locate the evap drain. Attach the nozzle and spray about half a can in the drain. It reaches the core and creates a foam which drains out. After about 10 minutes repeat.

The small can is for the intake side. Run the AC at full tilt on various vents with outside air mode and spray the small can contents into the AC intake on the outside of car.

Start to finish about 40 minutes. It really works well. I also installed fresh cabin air filters.

I am a total noob on working on cars, but am very handy otherwise. With clear instructions, I can and will try anything. I can't find it in the FSM, any tips on what to look for for both evap drain and intake? A search of the FSM on "intake" in the a/c section gives zero hits, you see.

I am a total noob on working on cars, but am very handy otherwise. With clear instructions, I can and will try anything. I can't find it in the FSM, any tips on what to look for for both evap drain and intake? A search of the FSM on "intake" in the a/c section gives zero hits, you see.

With the middle skid plate removed.

If you are under the car, head toward the front, on the passenger side, look up and next to the frame near the wheel well you will see a small rubber drain. It only sticks out 1/2". That's the evap drain. This is where the water comes from when you run your AC on a hot day and a small pool appears under your car.

Here is a pic from Ronulus in a similar thread.

ronulus_ac_port.jpeg
ronulus_ac_port.jpeg

Thanks for this. Very clear now. I'll keep scouring the forums for pics of the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom