80 Series Flip Windows: Just to prove that they do exist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevinmrowland

Forum Lifer
Threads
Website
www.wagongear.com
As most of you 80 series guys who are interested in the flip windows know, I've been working on them.
They've also actually been pretty much done for awhile now but I've been dragging my feet to make sure;
(a) there are no issues with the 60 windows and,
(b) that I can afford to make them.

Which, there haven't been any problems, but I couldn't afford to make them either. :bang:

Anyway, I made some adjustments to the 60 window stuff and I'm pretty much ready to roll with the 80 windows as well. The main fabrication wont happen on them until the fall, a couple of sets will be getting installed and tested this spring and that will give them time for any issues to crop up and we can sort out who is interested.

Other than a few minor details they are exactly the same as the 60 windows, installation, price, parts, shipping, everything except the fact that if you don't already have the solid glass you need that from Toyota ($140, no gasket, no non-slider vent, just the glass, I can make solid replacement panels as well).

:cheers:
KR

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Nice close fit, much lower profile than the factory sliding window which stick out pretty far, this will be a much cleaner look.

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Of course, they look much cooler when they are all powder coated up, but these are the pics I have handy.

-EDIT with some powder coated pics-

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

Last edited:
I just got an email that made me realize there are not many pictures on here that show the windows shut and tinted, they are pretty much invisible once the glass is tinted, and in the case of the 80s would be a MUCH more streamlined look over the bulging sliders.

On the 60:

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_8293.jpg

IMG_8000.jpg

Those are pretty cool , could you do a lexan replacement in place of the glass?

I suppose.
You could do a pretty-much-anything replacement instead of the glass. You can't tint Lexan though so it wont look as good, would also have a different sheen to it than the glass. If not glass, then I would go for a sheet of aluminum powder coated or painted black to match the window surround.

I'm looking for a set for my 80 series. If you need a test subject for the solid panel version, let me know.

I will be dragging chainsaws in and out the side window openings so they will get a workout.

Last edited:
Very cool. Gotta start saving my change...

Very Cool!

Could the sliding windows be modified to flip as well? I love the flip idea, but would like to keep the sliding functionality for my pooch. Doing both would be the ultimate in versatility.

-Tom

Would be interested in buying 1 US driver side flip up window!!

Awesome... I've been watching the other thread and loving the idea.

Too cool. I'd love to put these on my rig but wayyyyyy too rich for my blood :)

Man those are sweet. I need to start saving up some cash. These would make using the rear cargo area a whole lot easier than opening/closing my rear swing-out bumper and hatch.

Man those are sweet. I need to start saving up some cash. These would make using the rear cargo area a whole lot easier than opening/closing my rear swing-out bumper and hatch.

Agreed. If I'm towing the trailer and the angle is right I can't open the swing-outs. But, I'm kind of happy the earliest they will be available is in the fall, allowing me to save the money.

My tie up is the dog is on the passenger side drawers and box with the recovery gear. The Speski cargo barrier keeps the dog off the kids. Plus, there's a flexitank in the quarter panel. Driver side is the refrigerator atop another drawer. So I need just the passenger side. But don't know if the flexitank will interfere with the opening cable.

How true, on the 60 now that I have the pop out windows I actually use the back storage area. The dual swing out was such a pain. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom