80 Series Flip Windows: Just to prove that they do exist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 2 cents

Are they really $1430.00 or is that a Typo?

Still the best non traction related modification I have done(on any car or bike I've had over the many years I have been tinkering with the dang things) and makes the old rig so much more useful every day. If I had my way I would do this to a daily driver even. And for any rig to camp in it's a no brainer. I truly do love this modification it's worth it if you can afford it Shutting my big mouth now and no I am not a paid promotion person , I just like this mod that much. :D

Dammit Kevin! I was just cruising your site to see if there was anything new going on and I thought it was a typo when I saw 80 series flip windows. Time to modify the to-do list and start saving the coin! Nice Work :cheers:

IMG_1363.jpg
Got any more pics or info on that roof rack?

Got any more pics or info on that roof rack?

INTI... Brought in from S America. Not sure if anyone is still importing them.

Matt

Will these ever be made for the hundy series?

Wow they look fantastic! My 80 is a DX which has fixed glass and is covered with lots of stickers, so I wouldn't want to remove all that and fit the factory sliding windows (besides they don't look very good IMHO).

Next question is would the flip-up side windows be legal in Australia? I'm sure they would be but just in case nobody has yet considered the legality of aftermarket windows in markets outside the USA, I'm 'popping the question' to to speak.

Craig.

I think the real question would be: would anyone notice flip-up windows in australia? I put a lot of work into making them as unobtrusive as possible.
I think when it comes down to it most everything we do to our trucks is illegal under some interpretation, but you folks do have some pretty restrictive MOT laws down there.

KR

I need you to make me a set for my troopie, I already have the solid glass panels:hmm:

Sent from my interwebz doo-dad

I think Alex might need a qualified "navigator" for this trip.

:)

I concur. In the words of Tony Stark, you can't afford me, but I will waive my fee this one time. :D

ARB or equiv. bumpers, sliders, winch, roof rack and 33-35" tires are all around $1k and mass produced and when you consider the hours of R&D this seems like a reasonable price all things considered. Very nice work Kevin. I think anyone who tried to copy your work without seeing your design might see things differently.
Have you considered designs for other brand 4x4s?

Thanks for the support Kief, the parts alone make it a pricey project, hence the parts list a few pages back.

And yup, the plan was to make the units in a modular fashion so the only parts that change from platform to platform is the outer frame profile. For now the cruisers keep me plenty busy but there are plenty of other trucks that would benefit as well.

Just need to keep welding all those little parts together. :p

Question--- It hasn't been said (at least not in this thread) if you can drive with these up? I've seen a few people that want the windows for the dogs so I'm assuming you cant drive with them up?? Is there any way you can put a lock/pin or something to keep the windows up for the dogs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom