Rock Chef I at Rubithon XXV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
We have a surprise for you. Next summer Sand Chef will head up the mountain and become Rock Chef. If you're interested in becoming the next Rock Chef or want to see your rock wheelers friends turn into creative kitchen masters, this is for you.

The competition will take place on Friday June 21st at 7:30 pm. Participants have 90 minutes to come up with two savory dishes, plus one dessert based on a secret ingredient. The secret ingredient will be revealed the previous Monday on this thread. This will give teams enough time for to get their ingredients and recipes ready for Friday evening's showdown.

There will be a panel of 4 judges, plus the Eric Agee, the new chairman for Rubithon. The rules are pretty much the same as on the beach. Each entry will be judged in 3 categories. The categories are: Taste, Presentation, & Originality. Taste will have a scale of 1 to 5 points. While presentation and originality will max out at 3 points. The wining team will be the one who is able to score the greater amount of points.

Like before, each team will have its own name and maximum of 3 members. There will be a maximum of 5 teams. Each team must provide all their ingredients, including the secret ingredient, plus all their cooking equipment. Each team will bring their own setup (Cooking table, stove, grill, cookware, lights, ETC). Plus 7" dessert plates, used to serve their creations to the judges.

There will be a $20 signup fee per judge and per team. All teams must sign up by May 30th and fees are due on on the morning of the event. The wining team gets to keep 100% of the signup fees. In the event of a draw, the prize will be divided evenly between the wining teams. A simple toss of a coin will define who gets the Tembo Tusk prize.

If you are interested in competing, please PM me with your team's name and members. If you know someone who should be a judge, PM me and tell me why, just because she's your wife or girlfriend, mom, ex, ETC, ETC does not qualify. I wanna a story to tell the day of the event. Judges will be chosen from your replies and the available pool of people the day of the event.

nice!

The other two cooks of Betty f'ing Crocker will not be there, so I'm either looking for two, or, looking to judge :)

Alvaro - I'll PM you...

The other two cooks of Betty f'ing Crocker will not be there, so I'm either looking for two, or, looking to judge :)

Alvaro - I'll PM you...

That stinks, I'm looking forward to having some of your grade A camp food!

Can we make Chinese food? After all it is the year of the snake...

Wookin' fowad tu ceeing awe of woo again.

I hope it's ketchup, or marshmallows.

will each team need to obtain a campfire permit? or will we be allowed to cook at the main kitchen area?
what about clean up supplies? water mainly..are we restricted to the amount we can use?

because my smores recipe is really messy , i mean.

Can we make Chinese food? After all it is the year of the snake...

Wookin' fowad tu ceeing awe of woo again.

not to speak for anyone, but as long as the "secret ingredient" is in your dish, you can make what ever you like...of any style of cuisine you like...

if you want to win, just make sure it tastes and looks good.

will each team need to obtain a campfire permit? or will we be allowed to cook at the main kitchen area?
what about clean up supplies? water mainly..are we restricted to the amount we can use?

You are responsible to bring everything you need. That includes the means to cook it, serve it, the food itself, and what ever you want to do to clean it after. There is no safe drinking water available in the Springs that early in the year. We are usually the first real run of the season!

Just a reminder, tonight is the last chance to get your paid registration in for the February extra grand prize raffle ticket. Get on it baby! Get that winch or power tank set up!:grinpimp:

Hey Alvaro,

I can wind up the the FJ45 tailgate caeser bar again.

I think the judges and spectators enjoyed them at Pismo.

Lets not forget this fun event at Rubithon this year. Get a hold of me at chairman@rubithon.com and get signed up. We plan on limiting this to 5 teams. We will be posting up the secret ingredient here the week of June 10-14th.

In addition to bragging rights, Alvaro is working on a cool award for the inaugual event:cheers:

Kevin,

That's a great idea!

Regards

Alvaro

Hey Alvaro,

I can wind up the the FJ45 tailgate caeser bar again.

I think the judges and spectators enjoyed them at Pismo.

I realize that cooking at the springs will not be like at Pismo. Rest assured that we have a solution for all of you who are wondering about the secret ingredient. This time around we'll have a surprise that I think will make things easier on everyone and at the same time boost creativity. Are you up to the challenge?

Regards

Alvaro

I realize that cooking at the springs will not be like at Pismo. Rest assured that we have a solution for all of you who are wondering about the secret ingredient. This time around we'll have a surprise that I think will make things easier on everyone and at the same time boost creativity. Are you up to the challenge?

Regards

Alvaro

5 judges?
Again, need to know how many squares of chocolate to keep safe.

because my smores recipe is really messy , i mean.

The campfire permit is needed in the forest, not on private property

I should have the Kitchen functioning, which will include heated river water for clean up. Bring your own potable water

It would make sense to set up in (or near) the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom