Your brake setup .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Since I end ( almost I hope ) my with my PS I will start with my brakes .. and she brakes .. but not as my 80 series all stock with 315 do .. and I what I wand it's make Tencha brakes as my 80 do ..

So I have front factory calipers discs and rear eldo calipers ( e-brae that sucks ! big time ) stoc vacc pump ( attached to my alternator ) and 80 MC ..

mc-80series.jpg

I don't have any prop valve .. since my braing it's almost balanced .. I can lock the rears a bit before fronts ( if I can lock front ) what I like it .. coz that means when Tencha it's loaded the braking comes perfect ..

I wanna read your experiences about it and who runs hydro brakes ..

thanks ..

David

I'm sure you've read mine but I'll post it here. I'm running hydroboost with a 1 1/8" master cylinder I got out of an Astrovan in the junkyard. Fronts are 4runner calipers and DBA rotors. For the rear I used the stock FJ60 front cailpers and rotors and fabbed up a mount. Rotors mount to the back of the semifloat axle shaft using front axle wheel studs. I put a manual line lock on the the rear line. I currently run 37s on H1s that come in at 140lbs per assembly. I do not run a porportioning valve, just straight hook up to the Master cylinder.

Pedal feel is firm but not stiff, pedal travel is normal, and braking power is fantastic. Once I felt the rears lock up when stopping quickly at a light down hill on wet asphalt. It's balanced pretty well. I tow a heavy load once in a while and whlie I drive sensibly when towing (plan my stops) I have plenty of stopping power to slow me down. I am happy with how it performs and feel it's safe.

Would I change anything? I admit I am curious what a 1 1/16" bore master cylinder would be like. Should soften pedal feel just a little but require a little more travel. Not sure on availability of a 1 1/16" MC.

Thanks Mike ..

actually I'm not sure on the size of the 80 series MC .. but is still vaccum system .. and thought aren't comparable to a hydro system ..

Just not sure If I can gop this route without sacrifice on my PS setup ..

Edit: just today I was in the town and the yaris on front brake suddenly and hard .. I was in my 80 ( as is my DD ) and just touching the braket I got that impresive clamping powa out of my calipers .. smoke a bit the Toyos 315 ..

that's that I want from my Tencha .. :frown:

The difference with hydroboost is that it offers more assist and you can use a larger MC to get more fluid volume or clamping force. If you used hydroboost with your current system the pedal would be pretty easy to push but offer about the same stopping ability due to your MC size. Since you get more assist from hydroboost you step up in MC size to use that extra assist available. This is the theory and assuming that all you did was change the MC and assist in the system. If you change calipers or rotor size that opens up a whole new can of worms for combinations.

yep I'm still with factory 60 series front calipers ( Toyota pads on 'it ) eldo TSM rear calipers kit and the 80 series MC .. and it braeks .. but not as easy as I want .. actually the specific point it's how hard I need to push my brake pedal to lock my tires .. ( not imposible but hard enough )

I was thining in something not that bigger .. simething like mustang hydroboost .. ( complete ) I'm not sure if something bigger would kelp or make worse my brakes or my PS system ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom