Yellow box speedo correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JOFS

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone know if they still are in business? I ordered and have not heard a peep. I have emailed as well but didn't know if it was pandemic related or they simply are no longer in business.

Thanks
John

Should be, unless they closed up in the last 12 days. I got an email on the 17th about my order (placed july 28, sent August 21, received sept 5) apologizing for the shipping delay - they must have not checked to see delivery confirmation. When did you order?

Last edited:
Ordered 8/22
I received a receipt of order and nothing since despite emailing them last week and this week as their site says I should have received a notification of shipping.
Thanks for the info and hopefully will show up at some point

That is a bit long, but I’m sure it will start moving soon, and they upgraded mine to expedited shipping at no charge. This was part of the recent email:

“In our Covid world, I am very sorry to advise that shipping is massively delayed. Right now there is an unknown shipping time. So very sorry, there are massive ongoing delays inside Aus Post, USPS and Customs at both ends, and delays caused by limited international flights.”

I bought one of these recently, haven’t installed it yet. I need to fix the leaky o-ring by the sensor. They’re reasonably priced and I got it in a few days.

I bought one of these recently, haven’t installed it yet. I need to fix the leaky o-ring by the sensor. They’re reasonably priced and I got it in a few days.

I've recently just purchased the same one. I emailed yellowbox but their long delays in replies but me off going their way and went with Lutz instead. Works great and was very simple to install, just plug it in haha.

I run the Lutz! It’s simple and works great... Highly Recommended

I also run the Lutz Auto and it's been great. I did have an issue with the 1st one I received. Lasted 30 miles. I emailed them when I got home and a new one was in the mail the next day along with a return label.
Great product and great customer service.

I also run the Lutz Auto and it's been great. I did have an issue with the 1st one I received. Lasted 30 miles. I emailed them when I got home and a new one was in the mail the next day along with a return label.
Great product and great customer service.
What exactly happened to it? Just stopped working and converted back to factory speed reading or no speed reading at all? I think about this sometimes when driving along if it was to revert back to factory speed display and I'd accidently go faster than the speed limit and get fined without realising

What exactly happened to it? Just stopped working and converted back to factory speed reading or no speed reading at all? I think about this sometimes when driving along if it was to revert back to factory speed display and I'd accidently go faster than the speed limit and get fined without realising

I lost the speedometer and odometer readings. Used GPS for the ride home. When home, I unplugged the corrector and all was good. New corrector arrived a few days later and haven't had an issue since.

That's probably why it has a 'For Offroad Use Only' disclaimer.

Thanks for the info

Finally heard back and is supposed to ship next week.

If that doesn’t work out will look at getting a Lutz

Thanks again
John

FWIW, I just installed the YellowBox in my LX450. The supplied cable was juuuuuust long enough to make it into the cab through the grommet in the firewall. Ran it along the hard brake lines on the left chassis rail. A small piece of Dual Lock will keep it secure and out of the way.

Switch 1 needs to be ON for the speedo to read. The rest of the settings will depend on tire size and gear ratio.
Running 4.88 gears with 315/75R16 Toyos I used the 1.1005 ratio. 60 on the speedo is 60 on the GPS. Close enough for me.
Of course now I have to recalibrate my Ultraguage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom