XTREEM 40 front axle! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any other pics of this. Very intresting. Whats to keep the wheels lateraly in place.

Pretty sure they are in the design stag of the knuckle.

Wow, thats some sick turning radious and design, guess thats why you guys are champs in Europe.

Nice turming radius with a 35" tire. If you move up tire size in comps you will lose a lot of what you are working for, but this looks to be engineered for one purpose in one type of class. Will there be a rear steer also? That radius on a rear steer rig the size of a Suzuki with 35's would be sick. I bet it would just sit there and turn around on itself.

Jeremy

I like the concept, but wonder how it will do with the fabrication methods used. It appears as if they have taken the CV joint from a driveshaft including the slip joint and welded the female splines to the inner axle shaft. I also wonder about the neck down in the splines at the CV joint on the inner side, seems like a big stress riser to me.

However, since it appears to use standard drivetrain parts, as long as they don't break the inner shaft/welded area, it should be reasonably simple to repair given the correct parts are on hand.

Ary

that looks crazy! when you turn the wheel all of the way wouldn't that joint get in one serious bind and be very difficult to turn the wheels?

Certainly give it some width which you would need with that turning radius, but I think it is a bit over the top :idea: but they obviously have reasons for doing it that I am not aware.

brooksy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom