Would you consider a 2008 with 200k mi for the right price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5b7e0fdd39178dc8d4148618607fc96fb8908a1ea62c04119630f50f349c4ce1.jpg

In all seriousness, where can I get ARB bumpers for that cheap? I'm looking for some for my 2014 and everyone is priced pretty much the same. I'm in CO, so I can't come to LA. Care to share these good prices for the rest of us?

He doesn't, because he can't... (unless you drive to LA...lol)

PS. I' prolly just grumpy from being stuck in a dang hospital bed for over a MONTH now...

Ignore meeeee... ;) It's not a big deal...

You won't find super cheap prices at a vendor for those bumpers. I did find a steal on mine through Amazon. Front ARB for around $400, free shipping. It was sold as "damaged". It wasn't. The box was torn up pretty bad, but the shrink-wrap was perfect. I can't tell you how happy I was when they didn't drop a pile of broken metal in my driveway.

Doubt those deals come along often, but you might want to set up a search in Amazon and see if something comes up. They did at least once.

In all seriousness, where can I get ARB bumpers for that cheap? I'm looking for some for my 2014 and everyone is priced pretty much the same. I'm in CO, so I can't come to LA. Care to share these good prices for the rest of us?

A lot of dealers use KBB to determine values.

NADA is the standard but most dealers when buying trades use the "black book" which goes off auction sales.

Last edited:
Over 300,000 miles and it still sold for almost $16K?

Damned good resale value.

Over 300,000 miles and it still sold for almost $16K?

Damned good resale value.

When you think about what replacement parts cost, if it's in generally decent shape (even if the engine and drivetrain were shot), I bet you could part out a 2008 for well over $15k.

One thing I noticed when looking around is that a lot of low mileage trucks in the NE were NYC cars. Not that I have anything against NYC per se, but 60k NYC miles is like 120k highway miles, so don't always assume low mileage means it has more life left than a higher mileage vehicle.

How do the lx Mannheim compare?

That's some amazing retained value considering those are auctions(!).

A lot of dealers use KBB to determine values.

Dealers that use kbb won't be in business for long. Nada is what everyone uses. If a bank processes loans based on NADA, i buy and sell according to nada. kbb is a joke.

Here is NADA pricing based on 214,000 miles...without all the mods (ARB, front & rear, more)...

Screenshot 2016-09-24 16.29.05.png

Clean trade is where you want to be to actually sell. Not accounting for the mods. The only mods that actually increase value, in my experience, are lift kits, bumpers, tires, basically 4x4 upgrades.

So assuming the truck is clean, the asking price is more than fair. But you're saying it's cosmetically rough, that'll make it much harder to sell. Cosmetic damage is $$$. Mechanical, on a Toyota, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom