Would you consider a 2008 with 200k mi for the right price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.png

I may not know what I'm talking about but this is from kbb...when my friend sold his $10,800 is what he got from carmax. The LC they are talking about is in worse condition than a fair example.

Only difference is that it has accessories.

So I guess you are correct in that it will be worth a little bit more than the 10k I stated.

But what do I know

Like I said less than 10k

Your sig tells me a lot... You refer to anything but fridges as merely "look at me mods."

If you can't see value in any of the $9k in mods on that truck...

...then I'd price your opinion at...oh--

...Less than 2 cents.

-Like I said...less than 2 cents. ;)

Last edited:
since we are talking about price......

$10k for the truck
$1544.09 for the rear ARB Bumper
$1703.77 for the front bumper
$561.88 for the warn winch
$87.56 for the highlift jack
$91.25 x 4 for the emu shocks
$142.12 for front springs
$142.12 for the rear springs
$669.12 plus fit kit $300.00 $5515.66

I guess $15k would be a fair price for the truck as it sits...

I stand corrected, Im sorry if i pissed off alot of people.

I was wrong...sorry beno didnt mean to step on your toes.

I think it is a great deal, someone on this forum Go Buy It.

valuing the aftermarket goodies at full retail is probably not accurate.

to a buyer who desires them it can certainly make a vehicle more appealing, but if they are valued at original retail, they purchaser could buy new bumpers that don't rub paint off the hatch.

sweet rig and a great cheap way to get into a 200. If I wanted a low mileage (driven by me) DD I would be interested in it.

$10k for the truck

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You were correct sir. No toes injured!

At $15k I would have been a buyer but did not want to seem insulting as it was very obvious he and his family have a lot of love for the truck as much as they have traveled in it. I pointed everything out and politely asked what the best he could do was and he said he would discount a grand. I would say the cosmetics and interior could be rejuvenated for about $3-5k depending on what level of quality you would be going for. For me $5k on top of $21k put it in the price range of lower mileage and cleaner truck be it without the mods.

$10k for the truck

Where do you shop?

Never seen a 9K Warn winch for $561...or an ARB bumper for $1.5k...that installs itself for free.

Do tell... since the rest of us are apparently spending thousands of extra $...

Last edited:
Come on down to LA and I'll show you!

Come on down to LA and I'll show you!

Right...

So I need to be *IN* Los Angeles in order for you to reveal these crazy prices you list as the cost of doing these mods...?

Calling BS...

I'm in San Diego...not far from you.
-But surely I don't need to drive up there for you to prove your claims.

People here don't go to Guido's Not Garage for parts. We buy ARB and other parts retail. So how about making your arguments within th realm of reality, rather than some super-secret BS you claim to have...but only if I "come down to LA" so you can show me.

Again... B.....S....

For anyone interested this one is going to hit the Manheim auction in Atlanta on the 22nd and has a buy it now or make offer at $23,950 has 171k and a few issues but nothing earth shattering.

The dealers name is on there so with a little google help you can probably contact them to see if they will sell retail or if you know someone in the car business they can probably bid on it for you:

08lcga_zpsfbebjnss.jpg

well, call it what you will but it is what it is. I will never claim what is not true and I wouldnt be the person to say that someone you don't even know is a person that states B. S. either...its called common courtesy and respect for others in which you don't have.

@UCrazyKid if you ever do get a 200 let me know on the parts since you are in CA...I'll have my friend hook you up on the "so called BS prices!"

Also, Good luck on the search for the perfect 200 that suits your needs....

yup we do.....:p

well, call it what you will but it is what it is. I will never claim what is not true and I wouldnt be the person to say that someone you don't even know is a person that states B. S. either...its called common courtesy and respect for others in which you don't have.

Meh... You get on here an basically call something a guy is interested in worthless...then you claim mods are wildly cheaper than they are for anyone I've never known or seen...and you are surprised I call BS?

Like teenage girls tend to say... "Whatever..." ;) Not really that important, after all...

Movin on...

Last edited:

In all seriousness, where can I get ARB bumpers for that cheap? I'm looking for some for my 2014 and everyone is priced pretty much the same. I'm in CO, so I can't come to LA. Care to share these good prices for the rest of us?

Had been talking to him since Friday and flew out this morning and am passing.

Guy is super nice and mechanically it seems and drove sound.

Has some hail damage on roof, quarters and side roof strips. Minor but still there. Rear passenger quarter panel is badly scraped and multiple small dent and paint missing. Tailgate has paint worn off where it contacts the bumper on both sides. Like two 10" sections. Front passenger fender has a dent. Rear passenger door scraped quite a bit but may be buffable but again some paint chips. Driver side is prett good. Couple small dings here and there. Interior is reasonably worn but mostly in back seats and hatch area. Panels on rear of front seats both torn. Back of second row seats have damage and third row seats looked rough folded, did not put them down. Headliner a little dirty and leather need some serious cleaning. Small tear on lower side cusion by seat switches.
Airbag light was on as well as tpms.
No wrecks from what I saw and I have a car fax I can forward if anyone is really interested. Shock bodies were all showing rust but undercarriage was clean.

Nice rig if u just want something to beat on and looks good from 10 feet away but it would have cost a lot to get it back into the shape I was expecting.

Too bad Autotrader uses tiny, low res, highly compressed images to hide these flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom